Guy from Streatham sideswiped by bus...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
tdr1nka said:
'ere BM, slightly OT but have you encountered the East London Line replacement busses parked up on the one way section between New Cross Gate and Queens Road?

I personally think its a bloody dangerous place to park them myself and you are the only person I know who regularly rides this section who might have some comment.

Ta,

Tx

I haven't been riding much lately, so haven't encountered them. And when I have been riding, I've wimped out and done the train for the bit that I can. Sorry!

OP
OP
tdr1nka

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
BentMikey said:
I haven't been riding much lately, so haven't encountered them. And when I have been riding, I've wimped out and done the train for the bit that I can. Sorry!

Totally understood BM.
In fact, just so's you know in future, the whole New Cross area is under large scale demolition/redevelopment so there is a greater number of heavy plant and road works/diversions all over the place.
Oh, and loads more sh*te on the roads, were this area not my stomping grounds I would prefer to not be riding around these parts myself.
The A2 is close to gridlock come 15:00 everyday now, you're not missing much.

Tx

jashburnham

I reported a bus driver the other day. Had to bus into work and witnessed the driver pulling right into a cycle lane and forcing the cyclist (luckily on an MTB) to bunny hop onto the kerb. If there had been railings he'd have been crushed. Did the driver stop, no, not even when the cyclist caught up with him and remonstrated. I told him he was getting reported but he wasn't at all bothered. I got a response from TFL with all the usual platitudes but I suspect they do naff all with these complaints.
Annoyingly I had to bus again today, and whilst waiting (ages) for the bus, I witnessed no less than 8 licensed minicabs encroaching the ASL - I really hate those f*ckers. Had words with one in an ASL in Putney at the weekend and he had no idea what the box even signified. Seriously do these guys not get tested before they get given a license? Next time I see encroachment by a minicab I'm gonna photo it and report them, getting so fed up with their terrible driving and total lack of respect for other road users.:tongue:

Rant over, but God they wind me up!

Top Bottom