Guy from Streatham sideswiped by bus...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
Last Friday evening in Elephant & Castle, I went to assist a young man who had been forced off his bike and onto the road by a bus that didn't give way on the roundabout. He was pretty shaken up with chipped teeth an aching jaw and blood coming out of his ears.
I waited with him for the ambulance and the police to turn up, luckily I had fresh water, and by fluke, cotton wool to hand.

Just wondered if he comes on here or if anyone who knows him, so's I can find out how he's doing?

Tx

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
Didn't he take your details as a witness?

Did anyone else stop?

Hope he's okay.

OP
OP
tdr1nka

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
Sadly I didn't see what happend as I was on the far side of the roundabout when he got hit so I had nothing for the Police. Had I seen it I would have had the Bus number etc.

There was one guy there who was ringing for the Ambulance and Police when I stopped to see what had happened.

An attending Policeman told me we were all nuts to be cycling in London, for which I thanked him heartily for his endearing positivity and protection of the public.

OP
OP
tdr1nka

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
As far as I can make out yes. From what the cyclist said, bearing in mind he was in shock was the bus had pulled out where it should have given way as he had approached and so had basically sideswiped him.
You'd have thought a bus driver would have heard him hit the side of his bus but I have no idea at what speeds the accident was.

As far as I can make out the cyclist was commited to his line and the bus tried to bolt the junction ahead of him, this is just my supposition of course.

OP
OP
tdr1nka

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
Yup.
Another cowardly public servant.
I've had a Bus Driver/witness leave the scene of an assault saying he would call the Police and an Ambulance for me that strangely never materialised.
It might have been because I had pointed out that the assault would never have happened if he hadn't let the violent passenger off his bus when he wasn't at a bus stop.

Needless to say my attempts to get a witness statement from this driver was thwarted by the then Stockwell Garage Manager who claimed it had been a temporary driver who didn't usually work from their depot, blah, blah.

Keith Oates

Janner
tdr1nka said:
Sadly I didn't see what happend as I was on the far side of the roundabout when he got hit so I had nothing for the Police. Had I seen it I would have had the Bus number etc.

There was one guy there who was ringing for the Ambulance and Police when I stopped to see what had happened.

An attending Policeman told me we were all nuts to be cycling in London, for which I thanked him heartily for his endearing positivity and protection of the public.[/
QUOTE]

That's a sentiment that a lot of us seem to get wherever we ride in the world, people frequently say similar things out here to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
tdr1nka

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
BentMikey said:
Grrrrr, bloody swine!

Oh, he's not a public servant, but a commercial monkey surely?

'ere BM, slightly OT but have you encountered the East London Line replacement busses parked up on the one way section between New Cross Gate and Queens Road?

I personally think its a bloody dangerous place to park them myself and you are the only person I know who regularly rides this section who might have some comment.

Ta,

Tx

domtyler

Über Member
tdr1nka said:
An attending Policeman told me we were all nuts to be cycling in London, for which I thanked him heartily for his endearing positivity and protection of the public.

He has a point surely, no?

Taking to roads crawling with 4x4's driven by psychos, bus drivers out to kill you, nutter cyclist hating black cab drivers on a bicycle??

The very fact that this chap was taken out by a bus who then didn't even see fit to stop after the collision as it was only a cyclist kind of proves the point really.

OP
OP
tdr1nka

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
domtyler said:
He has a point surely, no?

Taking to roads crawling with 4x4's driven by psychos, bus drivers out to kill you, nutter cyclist hating black cab drivers on a bicycle??

The very fact that this chap was taken out by a bus who then didn't even see fit to stop after the collision as it was only a cyclist kind of proves the point really.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Er, no.

Contentiousness is funny to a point Dom.

T x

Top Bottom