GWS ColinJ.. DVT/Pulmonary Embolism

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ganymede

Veteran
Well I'm having a cuppa, so "cheers" in tea!

Joshua Plumtree

Approaching perfection from a distance.
Hmm, cake ...

Yes, it would be nice to meet up - see if you can make it down for the forum ride on Mar 28th 2015! :thumbsup:

If I ever make a trip to Northumberland with my bike, I'll be sure to let you and @Fnaar know about it!

Where are we off to on this forum ride? - haven't heard anything about it.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
ColinJ You might be interested in this

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b04mctw7

20 minutes in there is a piece about the new anti-coagulants that are available for certain conditions.
Thanks. The new drugs are certainly looking promising but I think I will stick on warfarin for now. I agree with the second doctor who said that a little caution is no bad thing. I am pretty stable on warfarin so hopefully my bleeding risk is as low as it can be.

Longer term, I would like to switch because I don't like the prospect of a lifelong vitamin K deficiency induced by warfarin. I just want the doctors to have a few more years experience with the new drugs first in case anything horrid turns up!

I was watching Trust Me, I'm a Doctor tonight and they had a report on a new surgical technique for dealing with clots in the lungs. It was the kind of thing that I could not have watched when I was feeling really ill, but I felt up to it this evening. It was amazing to watch, but what they got out of the poor guy's lungs was truly gruesome! :eek:xx(

If you can stomach it, it is available on iPlayer for a month - LINK. The clotting item is about 40 minutes in.

woohoo

Veteran
I was watching Trust Me, I'm a Doctor tonight and they had a report on a new surgical technique for dealing with clots in the lungs. It was the kind of thing that I could not have watched when I was feeling really ill, but I felt up to it this evening. It was amazing to watch, but what they got out of the poor guy's lungs was truly gruesome! :eek:xx(
Thanks. I saw it; glad I had eaten my tea well beforehand. It looked a pretty arduous procedure for the patient and the medics. The volume of stuff that they removed was what really surprised me.

Last edited:
Top Bottom