Gypsy Invasion

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JPBoothy

Veteran
I have just cycled to work down the Chester - Deeside Greenway (NCN 5) and could not believe my eyes when I spotted about 10 Gypsy Caravans parked end to end along the cycle path. No doubt more will appear as the word gets around their community. The rubbish is already starting to gather along the grass verge. As soon as I got to work I called the Cheshire Police to make sure that they were aware, and they told me that the North Wales Police are currently dealing with the situation. The cheeky buggers have gained access by lifting the pad-locked gate from its hinges at the Saughall entrance. Surprised that they haven't weighed it in for scrap yet. Please be careful if you have to cycle that route as there are kids and dogs running all over the cycle path.

I'm not sure this part of the forum is dedicated to gypsy site support...but maybe if there were more sites then the problem would not exist, so maybe it is appropriate after all

I'm not sure this part of the forum is dedicated to gypsy site support...but maybe if there were more sites then the problem would not exist, so maybe it is appropriate after all

Why don't you offer your back garden/toilet/kitchen/living room to the travelling community?

You could advertise on CouchSurfing or Warm Showers? ;) :okay:

OP
OP
JPBoothy

JPBoothy

Veteran
Why don't you offer your back garden/toilet/kitchen/living room to the travelling community?

You could advertise on CouchSurfing or Warm Showers? ;) :okay:
Are you running for Prime Minister? :tongue: It sounds like a very thoughtful idea to offer the use of my facilities to our non tax paying friends, but I'm afraid that my garden is currently over occupied with more deserving things such as Birds,Hedgehogs and Dog @#%t.. However, if you have space to spare, I could pass on your address to the nice folk :okay:

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
My spidey senses detect a "difficult" thread in the offing......
Set piece battle actually.

MarkF

Guru
My work unit is next door to a traveller's site (BD4 8TT), I was warned about all the bad things that would happen if I rented that unit. Nothing has ever happened, I like them, they even ask first if they can take materials away from the yard.

OP
OP
JPBoothy

JPBoothy

Veteran
My comment does not make as much sense now it has been moved from "site support" to "café". Bollocks to humour.
Sorry about the wrong site folks, still new and struggling I'm afraid.. To make up for my mistake, I'll take them in for a few nights :angel:
My work unit is next door to a traveller's site (BD4 8TT), I was warned about all the bad things that would happen if I rented that unit. Nothing has ever happened, I like them, they even ask first if they can take materials away from the yard.
They ask? As the saying goes "there is good and bad in all" but don't be fooled MarkF :okay:

MarkF

Guru
They ask? As the saying goes "there is good and bad in all" but don't be fooled MarkF :okay:

Fooled by what? BD4 is dump, but it's the regular citizens doing the dumping. Of course there are "bad 'uns", it's just that in over decade of them being neighbours and seeing 100's of families come and go, I haven't met one.

Oh, I do recall some caravans arriving onto my local clubs junior football pitches. That was annoying, games had to be postponed, but nobody's legs fell off or owt.

Top Bottom