Gypsy Invasion

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
well you know what i do for a living
Lucky heather salesman ?

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
I think they get a raw deal wherever they go and I think people need to change their attitudes towards the travelling community. I don't deny they might flout laws, setup without consideration, and leave a mess. But please, let's be nice to them for a change.

Levo-Lon

Guru
Well unlike you lot i got asked by trading standards to appear as a witness for the prosecution after a bunch of honest decent law abiding travalers emptied a load of vulnerable old peoples bank accounts in Sawtry a while back.
there renowned for there good deeds dont you know..

Luckily they all pleaded guilty after i put a report into trading standards.
i love em ..salt of the earth.

youcant say owt in here as its a bicycle forum

screenman

Legendary Member
We have an Irish family living next door who are the most charming and lovely people you could ever want as neighbours. But their back garden is an eyesore and looks like a... a.... gypsy encampment. It seems to be because jobs get started then not finshed then just left.... for months and months and months. The neighbour on their other side and I have agreed that next Saturday we are going to wrap up the corrugated asbestos cement sheets that have been lying in the front of the house for the last year, put them in my estate car and drive them to the dump, whether or not Joanne is at home, we are so sick of the eyesore.

Check with the tip first, not all take it and some that do only a small amount.

well you know what i do for a living
upload_2015-4-21_18-34-57.jpeg

hedder2212

Girlfriend is a Irish traveller who's family settled in the area 10 years ago.
There are both good and bad within the community just like there are with all communities etc etc
I wont waste my breath arguing but the majority that I've met have been decent hard working folk who just want to lead a quiet life. Girlfriends dad + Girlfriends brothers happen to do roofing, landscaping, putting up fences, do driveways etc but they do a good job and aren't happy until the customer is happy. They all pay their taxes as they should etc etc
Unfortunately what us "commoners and land people" seem to focus on is the small minority within the traveller community that are nothing but trouble and are disgusting creatures. Most travellers are fine.

TVC

I think they get a raw deal wherever they go and I think people need to change their attitudes towards the travelling community. I don't deny they might flout laws, setup without consideration, and leave a mess. But please, let's be nice to them for a change.

Just a bunch of loveable rogues aren't they.

https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/assaulted-by-a-burglar-at-work.121932/

Criminality, violence and intimidation are at the core of their lifestyle. Zero tolerance is the only approach.

Top Bottom