Assaulted by a burglar at work.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TVC

I wandered into our factory stores this afternoon to find two gentlemen attempting to remove a 40kg reel of copper wire. I enquired as to what they were doing, and as they attempted to leave with the wire one of them went out of his way to approach me and plant a right hook on the side of my face. Charming.

Others chased them off the premises and their car reg was taken. The Police were straight on it looking for the vehicle, and I've made a statement and given swabs.

So now I have a couple of cuts where my glasses dug in, and I'm likely to have a shiner tomorrow. The specs need replacing, but the company have already told me to get it sorted and give them the bill. Some of you may know my wife (Lullabelle of these parts) works at the same place, and obviously she's been upset by it. Me, I'm fine, more angry than hurt. I just don't get why he hit me - I wasn't blocking their exit and wasn't going to attempt to prevent them leaving. All he did was change the whole thing from a minor theft to Aggravated Burglary - what a twunt.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Eek!

Glad you are OK.

Reactions: TVC
OP
OP
T

TVC

Sounds awful. I hope you manage to get a result from your local bobbies, and your face isn't too mangled.

The injuries are minor. The two gentlemen spoke with Irish accents, I think you know the type. I'm sure the Police will have met them somewhere before. The thing is, these guys have a strong network that gets rid of the bounty pretty quick, so it gives the police trouble nailing anything on them.

OP
OP
T

TVC

2258890 said:
Possibly to ensure that you didn't chase them, so that others would either look after you rather than bother them, or to deter anyone else from chasing them.

That kind of makes sense. - It didn't work, they had half the factory after them .

OP
OP
T

TVC

[QUOTE 2258902, member: 259"]( I didn't mean to like your attack, it's just there wasn't a sympathy, I've been there too button.) Don't let it stew, TVC, it's happened and you should just get on with life without spending time on the lowlifes.[/quote]

Thanks. I won't dwell on it after today, I know it wasn't personal, they don't know me, they just lamped some bloke as far as they are concerned.

hotfuzzrj

Veteran
The injuries are minor. The two gentlemen spoke with Irish accents, I think you know the type. I'm sure the Police will have met them somewhere before. The thing is, these guys have a strong network that gets rid of the bounty pretty quick, so it gives the police trouble nailing anything on them.

Oh, Do-as-you-likeys, eh? Twunts.
They might not hang on to the stuff for long but police will make enquiries about the car and see where they get.
It's unlikely there'll be a registered keeper or valid insurance details if they're a certain calibre of people, however they can only try.
Good luck anyhow.
(Plus you get a nice new pair of specs...? Is that good? Try and look on the bright side.....)

Reactions: TVC
OP
OP
T

TVC

The car does have a registered keeper in Nottingham. So tonight some poor soul is getting a visit from Notts police and being told that their car reg has been copied.

Top Bottom