H W cycles Lincoln

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mac121165

Hi. I'm new to the forum.
Today I bought a centurion 5 speed 18inch frame H W cycles Lincoln racer frame numbet YF880985 0 or C for my partner. I can't find any reference on the Internet for the manufacturer. ETC Could anyone help please.

Attachments

• 20180310_154920.jpg
    20180310_154920.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 123
  • 20180310_154943.jpg
    20180310_154943.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 139
  • 20180310_155325.jpg
    20180310_155325.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 127
Last edited by a moderator:

raleighnut

Legendary Member
:welcome:

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Looks like something from the seventies. Possibly a small cycle shop who bought in a budget model and stuck their own decals on it.

It's a very small frame and seems like smaller wheels have been put on. Get rid of those suicide levers, they will degrade the already poor braking.

Hi and :welcome:.

I have just had a quick look on the net and have found that there have been a few sold . I haven't found anything about them yet. The frame number is quite large which suggests that the frames could have been bought it in and assembled .
I will try to do a bit more research .

OP
OP
Mac121165

Mac121165

Thank you all for your replies. Greatful. I can see that it could well be a rebadged budget bike.
I have another bike I need to identify. I will post later when I get the laptop wound up.

Mrs M

Guru
:welcome:
Nice wee bike :smile:

Joker67

Regular
I also have a centurion bike from HW cycles Lincoln. Exact same livery but the bike is blue with chromed forks.
I don't know if the marque is the American Centurion brand or not .
Anyway it's a damn good ride despite some suggestions on here that it's a budget bike

Joker67

Regular
If and it's a big if the bike is the American Centurion brand then info can be found at
www.sheldonbrown.com/centurion
I'm sceptical because of the serial numbers both on the original post and on my bike don't seem to tie in with info available on the Centurion brand

I also have a centurion bike from HW cycles Lincoln. Exact same livery but the bike is blue with chromed forks.
I don't know if the marque is the American Centurion brand or not .
Anyway it's a damn good ride despite some suggestions on here that it's a budget bike
If it rides well that is all you need to worry about ! It seems to be common practice that some cycle shops and even frame builders have bought frames in and badged them as their own. If you live near Lincoln you may be able to do some research into HW Cycles in the County Records Office.

Roadking

Hi. I'm new to the forum.
Today I bought a centurion 5 speed 18inch frame H W cycles Lincoln racer frame numbet YF880985 0 or C for my partner. I can't find any reference on the Internet for the manufacturer. ETC Could anyone help please.

Been involved in cycling in Lincolnshire for many years, H W Cycles is certainly not a builder; in fact I haven't heard of them. Bicycle looks to be very budget and certainly not a"racer".
Ray Inkley's was the only proper bicycle shop in Lincoln (long gone).
J.

Top Bottom