1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Had a lovely morning

Discussion in 'General Cycling Discussions' started by iateyoubutler, 12 Oct 2017.

1. iateyoubutler

iateyoubutler Senior Member

I follow several cycling youtubers, and one in particular is local to me, so via email we arranged to join forces for a ride this morning. Was only a short and easy paced one which finished with a coffee in Sainsbury`s. Nice to put a face to the videos though and a chance to talk cycling with somebody new:smile::okay:

2. RoubaixCube

RoubaixCube ~Tribanese~

I had a nice morning too... till I stepped out my front door and face first into a huge ass spider web. I was hacking and coughing and rolling on the floor like I was on fire after that.

3. OP
    OP
    iateyoubutler

That`s horrible! I have no patience with bugs, spiders, creepy crawlies etc trying to get into my house for a warm cushy winter. These 4 walls are mine, un-invited guests can p*ss off!!!

4. Rooster1

Rooster1 May the Porg Be With You

Can you send us a link to the youtubers channel please

5. OP
    OP
    iateyoubutler

I will respect his privacy and ask first to see if he minds me doing that

6. Ajax Bay

Ajax Bay Über Member

My daughter is often delayed starting her walk to catch the school bus because spiders have been out weaving webs across both exit routes from our front door. She has to wait till 'fearless' brother comes along.:laugh:

RoubaixCube and iateyoubutler like this.
  7. cisamcgu

cisamcgu Veteran

I may be being dim, but if he puts it on YouTube, isn't that tantamount to saying everyone can view it ?

TinyMyNewt likes this.
  8. OP
    OP
    iateyoubutler

Yes, agreed, but I`m still going to do what I said, if that`s ok with you???

9. Regulator

Regulator Egregious Professor of Cruel and Unusual Geography

And how is it that they can spin a web that won’t come off your car when you’re doing 70mph on the motorway?

dave r likes this.
  10. OP
    OP
    iateyoubutler

Yes what is the fascination with wing mirrors?

dave r likes this.
  11. RoubaixCube

RoubaixCube ~Tribanese~

SCIENCE!!!!

But normally their webs are tucked behind wing mirrors arent they?

12. Regulator

Regulator Egregious Professor of Cruel and Unusual Geography

I get some on the wing mirrors, some on the wheel arches and some on grille at the top of the bonnet.

The car has been thoroughly cleaned a number of times but I seem to have some persistent lodgers.

dave r likes this.
  13. Adrian

Adrian Heed the elf's wisdom

Of Roubaixcube's suffering? That's not very nice.

14. cisamcgu

cisamcgu Veteran

Well, I don't really care one way or the other, I was just checking I understood YouTube correctly

15. J1888

J1888 Über Member

Wonder if it's TrafficDroid or SuePerb?