Had a threatening phone call

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ChrisKH

Guru
Sorry to hear about this NT, I hope it gets resolved.

My wife received a text from an unknown number saying "someone you know really likes you" last week and whilst it's not threatening, you do wonder what the purpose is (other than to possibly vexate) and who sent it.

Unless there really is someone out there who likes her. :smile: Maybe she should respond in the positive. :smile:

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
hubgearfreak said:
sad news. let's hope the police take it seriously and catch and punish the cowardly little turds.
Aha... who said it was more than one person, eh? ;):ohmy:
Seriously though, it's not pleasant, I'm sure. Never been on the receiving end (nor the other end,obviously) but I remember someone made some funny calls to my parents when we were kids....

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
It doesn't matter what phone the person was calling from where - there will be a traffic data record somewhere. The police should be able to get hold of this in the case of threats or harassment...

OP
OP
Night Train

Night Train

Maker of Things
I am really hoping it is a one off cowardly act but it is still very unnerving. I may well end up changing my number but it means informing all my friends, family, clients, work, agents, etc. as well as changing business details to match. But as long as I have a business I will need to have my number out there so it may not make any difference.

Just going Grrrrrrr at the moment.

Perry

Night Train said:
I am really hoping it is a one off cowardly act....

I think you're right. It's very rare to ring someone to let them know your coming to get them. When you think about it they actualy seem quite stupid.

Gerry Attrick

Lincolnshire Mountain Rescue Consultant
I feel saddened by the actions of this person and offer you my sympathies. I can't say I know how you must feel, but I know how I would react. Just a thought though, do you allow your mobile to forward your number when you make a call? If so I would strongly advise you to set the phone to withhold it when you change your number.

Top Bottom