Had a threatening phone call

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Night Train

Maker of Things
Tonight, when I was about to leave work a young person phoned my personal mobile and made racist threats against me and my house and told me he know where I lived stating Manchester.:smile:

None of the young people I work with or teach should have access to my mobile number so I am rather cross and stumped as to how this could have happened.:smile:

I am going to phone my mobile provider, as the number was withheld, and the Police in the morning.

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
NT thats horrible news.
Is there anyone you can possibly think of that might have done this? Anyone you might have rung that could then have your number etc.

My deepest sympathies and get straight onto it in the morning if not straight away, maybe ring the Police for advice?

OP
OP
Night Train

Night Train

Maker of Things
I can't think of anyone who would have my number and want to do this. Although I use my mobile for my work I don't use it at college or at the hostel as I have the work phones for those calls.

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
As unsettling as this is you need to put it aside for the night, as best you can, and just get some rest.

Keep us posted and NT, don't forget, you have friends here for moral support.

OP
OP
Night Train

Night Train

Maker of Things
I've phoned the Police and they are taking it seriously as the call contained a threat and a level of racism. They are going to see me tomorrow for a statement and I have an incident number.

I have also been looking at all the ways someone on the internet can find my mobile number and my home address due to my business details. I won't post how in case they found me via a forum. I am going to limit my personal details on the internet I think.

Thanks for the support. I'm rather miffed about it all now.

Keith Oates

Janner
Not nice NT, let's hope it was some idiot trying to be 'funny' and that there is no real substance to the threat. The Police might well be able to trace the call which would be even better!!

OP
OP
Night Train

Night Train

Maker of Things
My fear is that if it is the YP's at work then it could easily be serious as I recently shopped some of then to the Police in the course of my work. They are not ashamed of returning from prison bragging about the fights they've had and showing off their injuries. Previous YP's have also been known to follow staff home from work. I am glad it is too far to cycle to work.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Is the number in your 'recieved calls' list? If so, hand that to the police too and then block it.
And I hope you did get some kip. PM me if you want a natter...

Maz

Guru
These sorts of calls are plain nasty and unsettling (I've been on the receiving end in the past, but not as serious as yours sounds). I hope you're able to get some sleep and the police take it seriously.

Mr Pig

I does freak you out. You try not to think about it but you can't help it. We had one a month or so ago, the guy seemed to be after some information and I was thinking about it for ages.

yenrod

Night Train said:
Tonight, when I was about to leave work a young person phoned my personal mobile and made racist threats against me and my house and told me he know where I lived stating Manchester.:smile:

None of the young people I work with or teach should have access to my mobile number so I am rather cross and stumped as to how this could have happened.:smile:

I am going to phone my mobile provider, as the number was withheld, and the Police in the morning.

Quite disgracefull!

Mr Pig

fossyant said:
There is a good chance the Police may be able to trace the number through the phone network. Not nice.

But if it's a pay-as-you-go mobile you've got no idea who it was.

I contacted the police about the call we had and they loged it in case anything happend but couldn't do anything about the caller. You might be lucky though as this twat might've been stupid enough to use his own land line.

OP
OP
Night Train

Night Train

Maker of Things
Thanks for the support, it helps.

I have spoken to my mobile service provider and they have set to with their malicious calls department. It helped having the Police incident number to hand, to get them moving but they may be able to work out the withheld number.

I got two more withheld number calls this morning, one when I was driving so didn't take it and another when I was calling the Mobile company. It would be interesting if they could say it was from the same caller. No message was left and my callers usually leave a message as they know I always call back.

Only got about 2 hours sleep last night. It is going to be a long day today.

Top Bottom