Had a very near miss with a car this morning.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

paul04

Über Member
I went the shorter way to work this morning, it was wet out but not raining,
Approaching a roundabout, (a quiet road at 7am in the morning) I was taking the 3rd turning right, nothing behind me, got into middle of the road, arm out to signal, got to the roundabout, a car across the roundabout had stopped for me,
A car was just coming to 1st road on the roundabout,(to my left) I knew that I had right of way,
I was on the roundabout, and the car to the left cut right in front of me, I kind of watched him go passed in slow motion,
he was not even looking at me, he was looking at the car that had stopped, I would say another 6 inches more forward and he would have hit me.
He drove up the 3rd exit and never even stopped, the guy in the car that had stopped got out and asked if I was ok, and said " you were bloody lucky there"

Did not get the number plate, will go that way for the next few days just to see if I can see the car again, and report him to the police, the guy in the car that stopped said he would be a eye witness.
I carried on my way to work, thinking I was lucky.

Good on the guy in the stopped car, checking you were OK!

jackjack701

Glad you are ok, and hope you find the number plate! Remember to always make sure your brakes are working really well and there are no big problems with your bike.

Enis Baysal

There are some true As*****s out there. Some nice people too. Just pot luck who we run in to unfortunately. Glad its 1 of the situations where you can say, "Could have been worse".

OP
OP
paul04

paul04

Über Member
Update, went the same way this morning, and at the same time, but did not see the car, will have a look tomorrow,
if I don't see it then I will have to put it down to experience.
Thank for your replies :smile:

Top Bottom