Had my first off!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
At the end of a duathlon yesterday...came back into transition way too quick..locked the back end up on a slippy surface...crashed over the line...just cuts and grazes....i feel so liberated though.. like I'm not a virgin anymore!

Well done. Welcome to the club.

:okay:

Graham

Biker Joe

Über Member
At the end of a duathlon yesterday...came back into transition way too quick..locked the back end up on a slippy surface...crashed over the line...just cuts and grazes....i feel so liberated though.. like I'm not a virgin anymore!
Oh, bad luck. You will be sore for a little while. I'm glad you're injuries are not too bad. Well, you've done it now. First fall but probably not the last. I wish you a long period till your next one.

Globalti

Legendary Member
In 21 years of mountain biking I fell off many many times but they were usually low-speed tumbles on soft ground; probably the average rate of falls was one per ride. I did once plant a front wheel in a hole about 10 yards from the end of a ride and go straight over the bars, slamming the front of my lower leg on a rock, which bloomin' hurt and made it swell like an avocado but that was my worst injury.

Ajax Bay

Guru
came back into transition way too quick..locked the back end up on a slippy surface...crashed over the line
Did the 'start of transition zone' official deem you to have dismounted too early and impose a penalty? Or were you 'off' before crossing the line? These things matter you know.

Top Bottom