Hadrian's Wall.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brandane

Legendary Member
More of a 2 day bike ride rather than a tour or expedition, but the newly acquired Ridgeback Panorama is about to get a trial run at the real thing. Time constraints mean I will be using alternative transport to get to Moffat, then riding to Newcastle, joining the Hadrian's Wall cycle route at Brampton. Overnight stop at a B&B in Haltwhistle.
65 miles today, and a mostly downhill 40 tomorrow.

snorri

Legendary Member
Good man, now is the time for checking our borders, if ever there was:sad:.

Wishing you a dry tour, enjoy:smile:.

OP
OP
Brandane

Brandane

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 4349450, member: 9609"]

@Brandane - what route are you using from Moffat down to Brampton ?[/QUOTE]
The easy way, i.e. avoiding the hilly route via Borland etc.!
Currently in Lockerbie for carbs (fry up), then heading to Gretna. Somewhere around there is a left turn onto NCN 7 to Brampton and then I will try to follow the NCN route to Haltwhistle and Newcastle.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
@User9609 you know where this is?
We passed it on our last tour, just up the sign and round the right there is a lovely spot with maybe a half dozen cottages, I would love to live there one day if I'm still allowed:
reivers sign.jpg

I do hope you aren't staying in the farmhouse we stayed in just outside Haltwhistle.
Hairiest breakfast I've ever been served due to the dogs having full reign of the house. I also saw the biggest spider in existence taking a shower!
Oakey Knowe Farm I believe.

OP
OP
Brandane

Brandane

Legendary Member
I do hope you aren't staying in the farmhouse we stayed in just outside Haltwhistle.
Hairiest breakfast I've ever been served due to the dogs having full reign of the house. I also saw the biggest spider in existence taking a shower!
Oakey Knowe Farm I believe.
No, the one I was in was excellent and one of the best breakfasts ever, anywhere! Huge room in a converted barn. Wydon Farm.
PS. Now about 10 miles west of Newcastle. And still dry!! Beginning to look like rain though, and it is forecast for mid afternoon. So I will be off for the final sprint/crawl..

Edit... a trip report on the "your ride today" thread.

Last edited:

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
It's in Mungrisdale - between Keswick and Penrith. Lovely place. Map: http://cycle.travel/map?lat=54.6618&lon=-2.9923&zoom=15
Thank you! I wanna go live there, just me, the bikes and half a dozen cats :wub:

Top Bottom