Half decent Brake pads

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chappy

Guru
Half decent Brake pad HELP

Hey up guys, can anyone recomend me some half decent brake pads as I seem to be going through them at the rate of a pair a week ;).

The route I commute is not that hilly only a couple I cant understand how they are being worn so fast.

Cheers Guys and Girls

Gerry Attrick

Lincolnshire Mountain Rescue Consultant
I use Koolstop salmons. Seem to last me ok and are easy on the rims. (I'm assuming you refer to rim brakes?)

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
If you're getting through a set a week, you have a problem. They should last months. How are your rims?

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Second the Koolstops. I use Salmon Front and Black on the rear, that way I can grab handfulls of breke without too much fear of locking the rear-up.
They're great stoppers particularly the Salmons in the wet.

Pads should last months with even hard use.

Dormouse

If they are wearing that quickly I guess that you are picking up a lot of filth and grit from the road and they are acting like grinding powder and/or your rims are badly worn. Either way give your rims a good clean and inspection.

OP
OP
Chappy

Chappy

Guru
Cheers guys I have checked out the Kool stop pads on wiggle. Im going to go with the Tectonic first and then use the replacement pads after they have worn.

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/m/Cycle/7/Kool_Stop/

I have checked the rims they seem in ok condition just a little bit dirty so gave them a good clean. No obvious signs of wear or sharp parts.

Top Bottom