Half term at the swimming pool

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

The Brewer

Shed Dweller
Half term here last week, I just didn't go swimming.
Felt good though on Monday, energized by having a week off from the pool

TVC

Adults only sessions, that's my solution, though you still get two (big boned) middle aged women swim/walking widths and gossiping whilst everyone else is doing lengths. :cursing:

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
Ask the lifeguards to close lanes off for actual swimmers,if they don't complain.

My local started doing this before I even arrived there (I was there often!) but always left plenty of pool for the brats to not swim in. Kind of helped that the centre's duty manager often swims in his lunchbreak, we'd often pace off each other/ converse.

TBH: It was mainly because I kicked an OAP who didn't bother to use her eyes to see that someone was actually swimming for a training benefit, not a leisurely dip.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
When I was a teenager, I was half ruptured and three-quarters drowned by a very large girl who jumped in at the shallow end without looking first! She didn't notice that I was swimming around underwater, picking up coins from the bottom of the pool. (I used to chuck a handful in and see if I had could hold my breath long enough to retrieve them all. A kind of cut-down, underwater version of orienteering!)

I got a foot in the 'nads and the air crushed out of me, and then she kind of just sat there on my chest pinning me to the bottom of the pool! I somehow summoned the strength to push her off and claw my way to the surface but it was a pretty unpleasant experience which put me off swimming at busy times.

Years later, I started going after work to Coventry's 50 metre pool. They used to have oneor two lanes for the club swimmers, another for ordinary swimmers like me, and the rest of the pool free for kids to play about in. That was okay except for the fact that I was constantly being rammed by faster swimmers doing the crawl who would never look up to see if anyone was ahead of them. We could have done with a 3rd lane for the non-crawlers.

snorri

Legendary Member
I didn't go to my pool today, saw the ice floating at the high water mark and thought , no thanks:sad: .

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
BOAB, go out of your front door, walk in a southerly direction till your feet get wet, then start swimming. No kids, grannies or other swimmers to block your way, and it's free.....(zing)

Top Bottom