halfords. fraud of fiction?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kedab

Veteran
i've not purchased a bicycle from these chaps but it is local (to me), it is independent and both the bike shop (top floor) manager and the mechanic are knowledgeable and friendly and have no probs offering advice on stuff they don't even stock themselves. i have bothered them on a number of occasions...big up your local business and ting...(yeh i'm still down with tha kidz) :shy:

http://www.citycyclecentre.com/cycles.html

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
ohnovino - I've heard similar about stock issues since joining this forum and I just don't understand it.
Basically if a customer goes online to reserve an item it tells you which stores it's available at - as stock is adjusted automatically via the till the computer, in theory, knows who has what where - the only time it goes wrong is when stock is low on small items because often the last two or three showing in stock have actually been nicked! Doesn't really happen with bikes, although we did lose one once. Obviously it's not a foolproof system and some stores must be better at organising themselves than others.

My mate bought a carrera from a halfords. There were a few trips down there and he finally ordered it and had it built up for 2 or 3 days later. It wasn't done online at all, in store. He got told oh the model is just up there (points). When we got there to pick it up they'd built a size too small. When they looked into it the stock level on that bike was wrong, but some numpty (not that member of staff) had just presumably not thought/checked and spent all that time building up the other size instead. As the model really wasn't in the store he asked for the right size. For some reason that wasn't made very clear we went through a complicated refund routine and then was directed to another store a few miles away to buy it and the same process.

DanH

Awesome Halfords = St.Helens
A dedicated top floor to bike and accessories. Staff who actually want to work there and know exactly what they are talking about. Reservations made online are stored well and easy to collect. I love the place - bright, clean and spacious.

Worst Halfords ever = Winwick (Warrington)
Bike section dumped in the bottom left-hand corner of the store. Dark, dingy and unclean. Last time I went there was a massive puddle of water in front of the bike section main desk (which was unmanned). Waited for 5 minutes for service. Even a guy behind me with his child asked me how long I'd been waiting to be served. When I did finally get seen to, I was taken to three different counters to try and locate my online reservation. In the end it turns out that nothing had been reserved - the member of staff dealing with me had to go and pick stuff off the shlelves/racks. Reserved indeed (!). They even attempted to charge money for these items - even though I'd paid online. Absolutely useless. Avoid at all costs.

Top Bottom