Halfords Goldwing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sgttosh

i have halfords goldwing frame number E83O69 does any no the the date of the manufacture
84940722_2175661499203404_1100621112317837312_o.jpg

midlife

Guru
if it's original then 70's most likely given the kit. Surprised the front light hasn't bounced off.....is it screwed to the lamp holder ?

Drago

Legendary Member
What a wonderful time machine. I'm guessing c.1978. The rear mech marksmit as no older then 1976, as thats when the Huret Eco was introduced in that style. There'll likely be a date code on the rear mech, hubs or possibly cranks, if you're lucky.

OP
OP
S

sgttosh

All you need now is a pair of flares. Nice one.
if it's original then 70's most likely given the kit. Surprised the front light hasn't bounced off.....is it screwed to the lamp holder ?
there is a date stamp both brake calipers the 1/82

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
looks a big un.

Doesn't look abnormally large to me. I'd say it's most probably a 23 1/2" frame, possibly a 24" at the max. Looks to be set up for a 6ft rider, give or take an inch. Most of my frames are 23"-23 1/2", and in the steel era that was a common size for an adult of slightly bigger than average height. Not giant sized by any means - that's a 25+" frame!

Nice to see that no-one has derided it for being a low-end gas pipe machine. Might be low budget, but bikes like this are not BSO's.

Last edited:
Top Bottom