Halfords Goldwing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 1258

Doesn't look abnormally large to me. I'd say it's most probably a 23 1/2" frame, possibly a 24" at the max. Looks to be set up for a 6ft rider, give or take an inch. Most of my frames are 23"-23 1/2", and in the steel era that was a common size for an adult of slightly bigger than average height. Not giant sized by any means - that's a 25+" frame!

Nice to see that no-one has derided it for being a low-end gas pipe machine. Might be low budget, but bikes like this are not BSO's.

When frames were in inches I used 21 or 21.5, these days its a 48 or 50.

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
That will have been about the time that David Duffield worked for Halfords. He might have had an influence on the quality of their offerings.

southcoast

Über Member
Halfords advert from 1983.

Last edited:

Cambram

Just the job for a Sunday morning ride. Amazing condition. Must have been well stored. Are they aluminium or plastic mudguards?

mustang1

Guru
@sgttosh
i have halfords goldwing frame number E83O69 does any no the the date of the manufacture

View attachment 503592

@sgttosh, this is the bike I used to have as a kid. I have been looking for a picture of the Halford's Gold Wing for many years but I just could not find any and I got to the point that perhaps I did not recall the name of the bike correctly.
I didn't know much about bikes in those days except that I wanted "one of those drop bar type of bikes". Do you or anyone else have any more info about it? My parents bought this for me from Halford's in Kilburn (London), the store closed many years ago though. Back in those days Halford's use to have rows and rows of bikes for sale.

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
@sgttosh

@sgttosh, this is the bike I used to have as a kid. I have been looking for a picture of the Halford's Gold Wing for many years but I just could not find any and I got to the point that perhaps I did not recall the name of the bike correctly.
I didn't know much about bikes in those days except that I wanted "one of those drop bar type of bikes". Do you or anyone else have any more info about it? My parents bought this for me from Halford's in Kilburn (London), the store closed many years ago though. Back in those days Halford's use to have rows and rows of bikes for sale.

You may not get a reply...
IMG_0199.jpeg

Top Bottom