Halfords in-store BC discount

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

totem

Total Newb, but eager to learn
Hoping someone knows/ might have laready done this before. Maybe @vickster ?

If you price match at Halfords and either click+collect or by in store, can/are you able to apply the BC discount as well?

Thanks.

13 rider

Guru
I have used BC discount on click and collect not sure about price match .Like most things at Halfords it seems to vary store to store . Always ask though

LonesomeWanderer

Über Member
Half the things on the Halfords website seem to have a "price match" tag next to them too.....

As above I've click & collected, paid in store and got the BC discount a few times - they've never actually checked my card though so they don't seem too bothered.....

BrynCP

Über Member
I show them my card and get asked: "what do you expect me to do with that?". I tell them to give me 10% discount to which they proceed to tell me "oh, that's only on a new bike". Not wanting to make a scene in a queue of people, I email customer services, who always send me a gift voucher for the discount, yet they still don't upskill their staff to recognise the discount (this is Hull, Clough Road).

LonesomeWanderer

Über Member
They ask for mine every time
Was a very knowledgable chap working the Halfords cycle area the other day so I was chatting to him for ages. I think he may have given me the discount just to get rid of me....

vickster

Legendary Member
The process is simple but the price match is what adds complexity. I've never done a price match at Halfords except when in store against the website and no BC discount available on that transaction (free accessories as part of a bike purchase)

Big Andy

Über Member
Usually do click and collect. Never had a problem getting the 10% off. Did a price match on a Saris Bones carrier then got the 10% off on top. Staff always know about it and the discount is off absolutely everything in store and not just cycling stuff.

vickster

Legendary Member
For an extra discount, if you have the payment card registered with Quidco you will get 3.3% when paying 'instore'
Track through quidco for cashback generally. But keep the order confirmation number, and not just the receipt. This is needed for a quidco payment dispute as I found out to my chagrin recently. I no longer had the email, Halfords had no record for some reason, and I missed £16 cashback :sad:

Truth

Boardman Hybrid Team 2016 , Boardman Hybrid Comp
I bought a couple of Conti inner tubes which were £7 in store yesterday and I told the guy there they were cheaper on the website . He checked online , price matched and gave me the 10% BC discount as well. Got them at about £2.70 each in the end .

Top Bottom