Halfords in-store BC discount

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Track through quidco for cashback generally. But keep the order confirmation number, and not just the receipt. This is needed for a quidco payment dispute as I found out to my chagrin recently. I no longer had the email, Halfords had no record for some reason, and I missed £16 cashback :sad:

It's not the e-mail you need. To get cashback on instore purchases you register your credit cards with Quidco and get cashback that way.

vickster

Legendary Member
It's not the e-mail you need. To get cashback on instore purchases you register your credit cards with Quidco and get cashback that way.
I don't want to register my CC with a third party site. Thus I track my purchases through quidco only and pay in store. When that tracking fails, you need the Halfords order confirmation email according to quidco

Sixmile

Veteran
From my experience, it comes down to what store you buy from. My local Halfords has never been a problem, always getting the 10% when I flash the card. When buying some Autoglym gear from another Halfords, I was told the discount only applies to bike related items. I asked if she was sure, then eventually got the 10% off.

vickster

Legendary Member
From my experience, it comes down to what store you buy from. My local Halfords has never been a problem, always getting the 10% when I flash the card. When buying some Autoglym gear from another Halfords, I was told the discount only applies to bike related items. I asked if she was sure, then eventually got the 10% off.
I never had an issue with the discount (except on a special deal including free accessories, I had the choice between £60 discount and £100 free stuff). It was the Quidco tracking (to get £16 back on the bike) which failed

Sixmile

Veteran
I bought a few things from a different Halfords store at the weekend. Again I was told that the discount only applies to cycling products. This time I'd the British Cycling link open on my phone and let them read the terms and conditions of the card. The manager seemed surprised but accepted what was stated on the BC site.

I had went in for a set of M520 pedals but lifted Boardman hybrid flat pedals (one side spd, one side flat) as they were down to £20, a little lighter and meant I wouldn't need to change pedals to take the kids out etc. I also lifted a 2-man tent marked down to £7.50. A billy bargain for the kids to play in. I went to the till, "That'll be £55". So I showed them both tickets and the cashier started getting smarmy saying the pedals I lifted were nothing like the ones that were actually marked down. The ticket said 'Boardman Hybrid Team Pedals £20'. The boxes were at the ticket and the packaging stated 'Boardman Hybrid Team Pedals'. 90% of the time this happens at Halfords so just beware, hold your ground, flash your card and enjoy the bargains! 2 man Aventura tent and new pedals for £24.75, my only gripe now is that they don't come with cleats.

J1888

Über Member
I bought a few things from a different Halfords store at the weekend. Again I was told that the discount only applies to cycling products. This time I'd the British Cycling link open on my phone and let them read the terms and conditions of the card. The manager seemed surprised but accepted what was stated on the BC site.

I had went in for a set of M520 pedals but lifted Boardman hybrid flat pedals (one side spd, one side flat) as they were down to £20, a little lighter and meant I wouldn't need to change pedals to take the kids out etc. I also lifted a 2-man tent marked down to £7.50. A billy bargain for the kids to play in. I went to the till, "That'll be £55". So I showed them both tickets and the cashier started getting smarmy saying the pedals I lifted were nothing like the ones that were actually marked down. The ticket said 'Boardman Hybrid Team Pedals £20'. The boxes were at the ticket and the packaging stated 'Boardman Hybrid Team Pedals'. 90% of the time this happens at Halfords so just beware, hold your ground, flash your card and enjoy the bargains! 2 man Aventura tent and new pedals for £24.75, my only gripe now is that they don't come with cleats.

It seems to be at the discretion of the cashier - all it takes is them to scan a barcode found on a bit of A4 paper, so no idea why they quibble.

vickster

Legendary Member
I've never had an issue except when it was clearly in the Ts & Cs for a particular offer than no further discounts were available (£100 free accessories on a bike purchase, worked out better than the £50 BC discount that I would have got on the bike if I had declined the accessories)

Top Bottom