Halfords or local bike shop?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bandini

I wanted to take my bike in. I was quoted £25 at my LBS for a service. I rang Halfords and was told it would be £17.99 for a years cover and any labour required in that year, and that I can take it in next week for a service. our local Halfords is staffed by bike enthusiasts who seem to know what they are doing, so it seems a bit of a no brainer?

Debian

Well I've just changed my pads, front and rear. First time I've ever changed disc pads and it took me 20 minutes. So how long would it have taken my lbs mechanics? Five minutes? Add on, what, 20 minutes to bleed the brakes so they're wanting to charge me about £200 / hour labour! :blush:

Cedric

Debian, your chilled out response to my nippy post, makes me think that in retrospect I might just well have been a bit of a dick. Sorry mate!

Debian

Cedric said:
Debian, your chilled out response to my nippy post, makes me think that in retrospect I might just well have been a bit of a dick. Sorry mate!

Is no problem.

Most of us sometimes speak / write before engaging brain, including me. But thanks for this post anyway.

Now we must stop before this develops into a version of:

"I'm sorry"

"I'm sorry too"

"Well, I'm sorrier than you are"

"No, I'm just as sorry as you if not more so" ........

.......... ;)

[With thanks and apologies for the paraphrasing of a bit of dialogue from Dr Strangelove] :cry:

Top Bottom