Halfords tubes or Continental tubes?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Joffey

Big Dosser
Going down for some tubes tomorrow, in the 3 for 2 offer. Question is - is there an advantage spending a few extra quid on the Conti tubes?

Thanks

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
none what so ever.

Robeh

i use the halfords when im desperate and the conti are ok..
i usually buy 10 at a time online and i don't pay too much.
any tube i find does the job TBH...

Davidc

Guru
After my experience with conti tubes I'd say anything but them. I may have been unlucky though as all 10 of mine were from the same batch.

Generally, unless you're concerned with a few grams extra I don't think there's anything much to choose.

Kbrook

Veteran
I bought three from Wilkinsons two days ago, they have a 3 for 2 offer on, so £6.50 for 3, been out on them twice total 80miles seem fine.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
I use Halfords tubes

U

User482

On the last continental tubes I bought, the valve cores unscrewed as I undid the pump. Ever tried to find a valve core after it's been fired at 100psi?

lejogger

Guru
On the last continental tubes I bought, the valve cores unscrewed as I undid the pump. Ever tried to find a valve core after it's been fired at 100psi?
Too true. I have to tighten the valve cores of all continental tubes with a pair of pliers before I use them for the first time, otherwise if I ever need to pump them up by the roadside with my Lezyne pump that screws on, rather than the track pump that just slides on, it unscrews, pops out and lets all the air out - so they're essentially useless with a screw on pump.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Had one conti tube blow the valve out but otherwise found them excellent. I use the supersonic tubes in my clinchers and also conti tubular tyres which I assume have conti inner tubes inside them.

lejogger

Guru
Had one conti tube blow the valve out but otherwise found them excellent. I use the supersonic tubes in my clinchers and also conti tubular tyres which I assume have conti inner tubes inside them.
As tubes go I do prefer them over others I've tried including specialized and some cheapie ones. I just have to remember to tighten them up or I could end up stuffed if I had a p*******.

Are the supersonics the light version? What sort of saving are we talking? Noticeable?

Top Bottom