Halfords

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MonsterEnergy

do u know if halfords are still doing full bike repairs
i need a new derailleur fitted and need looking at my brakes.
Does anyone know if they would still do this.

GetFatty

Über Member
I wouldn't go near them with someone else's bike. Do you not have a local independent who could you it for you?

my Bro was quoted a 10 day turn around for a repair by LBS - they are too busy selling and assembling new bikes.
Its tough if you need a repair - but the LBS have been through some tough times in recent years - so good that they are getting lots of business at the moment.

Slick

Guru
do u know if halfords are still doing full bike repairs
i need a new derailleur fitted and need looking at my brakes.
Does anyone know if they would still do this.
Probably depends upon where you are in the country. I recently fixed a bike for a friend of a friend as halford's were quoting a waiting time of over a week for a simple fix. Local bike shops may be better but you will get it fixed for sure if you look around.

vickster

Legendary Member
There was a very long Q outside my local store just now.
My LBS which just reopened is booked up until next Thursday which is probably the norm right now.
They’re not busy selling bikes as they’ve sold out other than half a dozen e bikes and a couple of high end roadbikes! They can’t get stock (sell Marin, Trek, Specialized)

OP
OP
MonsterEnergy

MonsterEnergy

when i contacted the, they said i could just turn up with my bike, and they will book me in.
They did say there are quite busy, and it will take up to a week, but i would rather that, than sit around for months without a bike

Slick

Guru
thanks...hopefully they will take it...Well, on the live chat, they said just drop it kn
Just drop it in then. They will fix it for you easy enough and despite some negative experiences some people have had, the job will be satisfactory. I haven't been to my local one for a while, but up here it's still as far as the door threshold and no further, but it may be different for you.

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
when i contacted the, they said i could just turn up with my bike, and they will book me in.
They did say there are quite busy, and it will take up to a week, but i would rather that, than sit around for months without a bike

Or you could just do what kids did when I was your age and just fix the thing yourself - instead of spending even longer trying to offload the job on to someone else. When we busted things the bike would often be back on the road within hours if the necessary bits could be got hold of quickly.

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
Not everyone wants to waste valuable riding time fixing things. :okay:

If you've got a non-functional bike, you aren't going to be getting any riding time in the first place. You could fit a derailleur mech in less time than it takes to get your bike over to the bike shop. Some people just seem to devote a lot of time to poncing about avoiding actually doing any job themselves, even though it would be quicker to just get on with it.

classic33

Leg End Member
If you've got a non-functional bike, you aren't going to be getting any riding time in the first place. You could fit a derailleur mech in less time than it takes to get your bike over to the bike shop. Some people just seem to devote a lot of time to poncing about avoiding actually doing any job themselves, even though it would be quicker to just get on with it.
That's assuming they already have the parts to fit to the bike. If not...

Top Bottom