Which one for you?

• COHEN

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • BUCKLEY

• BURKE

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave5N

Über Member
???

gavintc

Guru
Quite like the Buckley one. Just heard the Burke one on the radio - might grow on me. But I hope that Lewis gets the Christmas No 1

Steve Austin

The Marmalade Kid
I don't get Leonard Cohen at all. His music is awful, and i've got more charismatic shoes. So its Buckley for me. Very emotional

Landslide

Rare Migrant
"But you don't really care for music, do you?"

I've never heard that line ring quite so true as when I heard it on the eXcrement Factor.

Chuffy

Veteran
I'm not a cover version purist (hoots derisively at Pink Floyd fans who hated the Scissor Sisters cover of Comfortably Numb) but whoever decided to get lab-bred vermin from some poxy talent show to cover that song deserves to spend an eternity in hell having their genitals stimulated by Jeremy Beadle's withered hand.

Landslide

Rare Migrant
Chuffy said:
...deserves to spend an eternity in hell having their genitals stimulated sandpapered prior to being doused in vinegar by Jeremy Beadle's withered hand.

:sad::biggrin:!;)

Chuffy

Veteran
Uncle Mort said:
SLAP! Wake up Chuffy!! What's your favourite cover of Halllelujah?
Eh? Whu..? I've got a certificate mother!

Oh.

Um, not sure really. Just not one over performed by a mewling wretch spawned from Simon Cowell's Satan's loins.

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
Nooooooooo

It's got to be the maestro.

You've got to be old, Jewish and sound like you've been gargling with broken glass, drinking meths and smoking woodbines for the last 30 years to sing that song.

gratts

For those who voted Jeff Buckley, or hate X-factor..do your bit!
59p to download his amazing song, and put him number one on Christmas day and shove one to xfactor! :smile:
I'll be buying it a couple of times :thumbsup:

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Haven't heard the X-factor one. Buckley's is overrated as a cover IMHO. The first time I heard it I couldn't believe he seemed to have missed all the irony in the song. Sure, he's got an inoffensive voice, but it's just melodrama. Cohen is the man.

Top Bottom