Which one for you?

• COHEN

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • BUCKLEY

• BURKE

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chuffy

Veteran
Fab Foodie said:
Yep.
This is exactly how the pop-music business works...
The pop industry throws a lot of shoot against a wall in the hope that some will stick. Most of the acts that have come via this and other heavily promoted routes have not got further than 1 hit, probably because they are insufficiently talented. A few, like Will Young, (and I hate to say it) Girls Aloud, and very recently Leona Lewis have stayed the course because they have some talent. They are the tip of the Iceberg though. In this case I think that Alexandra Burke has talent enough to stay the course longer than most. Time will tell.

Knock-Knock
Who's there?
Alexandra Burke
Alexandra Burke Who?

That's show business!
Are we winning you round Fab? :angry:

Girls Aloud (fab) have been as successful as they have because they, sorry, their management, ensured that they were a) hooked up with the brilliance of the Xenomania production team and ;) released yer actual POP records. I can't see them ever resorting to lazy, overblown covers in order to shift a unit or two. Sound Of The Underground came roaring out of the traps like a beast. Burke limps out like a cruise show cabaret artist in waiting...

Oh and they also obey the Number One Rule, which is to Do As You Are Told.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Chuffy said:
Are we winning you round Fab? ;)

Girls Aloud (fab) have been as successful as they have because they, sorry, their management, ensured that they were a) hooked up with the brilliance of the Xenomania production team and :biggrin: released yer actual POP records. I can't see them ever resorting to lazy, overblown covers in order to shift a unit or two. Sound Of The Underground came roaring out of the traps like a beast. Burke limps out like a cruise show cabaret artist in waiting...

Oh and they also obey the Number One Rule, which is to Do As You Are Told.
:ohmy:
I'm not precious about it, just trying to put AB/X-factor in context of the last60 years of Pop-music... in fact, long before pop, tin-pan alley operated the same model. It's easy to slag such progs (even simoncc can do it :angry:), but my belief is that regardles of her rise to fame via a talent show, she is still IMO a good and capable singer and a good 'performer'. Well done to her. Well done to anybody that makes it in pop or any other branch of the music industry. My musical appreciation is quite varied but what I like and what I think are good are not necessarily the same thing,
I think we both understand the issues here and how the system works, we just have a slightly different view of whether it's OK or acceptable and what constitutes ''talent' or ability.

Maybe we should apply our brain matter to the question of how we would define 'talent' or 'good' vs. 'bad' in musical/performing terms?

Top Bottom