Which one for you?

• COHEN

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • BUCKLEY

• BURKE

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
Chuffy said:
........ but whoever decided to get lab-bred vermin from some poxy talent show to cover that song deserves to spend an eternity in hell having their genitals stimulated by Jeremy Beadle's withered hand.

So eloquently put, and accurate.

Thank you for showing me I am not alone.:evil:

So pop pickers....
Alexandra No 1 in charts (christmas number one and all that)
Buckly in at No 2 out of nowhere and
Cohen in at No 10. So all three versions in top 10!

X factor fans get their result, and the die hard Buckly and Cohen fans get their versions out there in the reflected glory.

Cohen must be minting it which is good as he was broke. So winners all round!

OP
OP
craigwend

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
Over The Hill said:
So pop pickers....
Alexandra No 1 in charts (christmas number one and all that)
Buckly in at No 2 out of nowhere and
Cohen in at No 10. So all three versions in top 10!

X factor fans get their result, and the die hard Buckly and Cohen fans get their versions out there in the reflected glory.

Cohen must be minting it which is good as he was broke. So winners all round!

I'd like to think Cohen's finances have in some part now been restored by my post on this cycling webthing -however unfortunately I'm also aware I’m a bit delusional!!!!!

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
CHRISTMAS TOP FIVE
1. Hallelujah - Alexandra Burke
2. Hallelujah - Jeff Buckley
3. Run - Leona Lewis
4. If I Were A Boy - Beyonce
5. Once Upon A Christmas Song - Geraldine
Source: Official Charts Company

So, 2 of Simon Cowells 'sock puppets' in the top 5 for Christmass, they must have something going for them... even beating Beyonce. Clever chap that Cowell.

gavintc

Guru
He knows his market well. Indeed, some would argue he is making the market through preparing people for his style of music. He is successful at what he does. I must admit, Leona Lewis has grown on me. Her music is good background noise.

U

User482

Given that a spoof novelty song got to number 5, I don't think that Cowell's puppets' elevated chart position is in anyway related to the quality of the music. But there's nothing new in that.

User482 said:
Given that a spoof novelty song got to number 5, I don't think that Cowell's puppets' elevated chart position is in anyway related to the quality of the music. But there's nothing new in that.
Hmmmm, three covers, a pisstake and one 'original' from the Beyonce machine.

Bring back Wizzard.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
I surprised myself by liking Cohen's best too, although I do like the Buckley one.

Ms. Burke's reminds me of something said in one of the commentaries on the American version of the office, along the lines of "..it's emotional, but the *wrong* emotion..."

Fab Foodie

User482 said:

Agreed, but nobody puts a gun to 'Cowell's sock-puppet' musics buyers to choose his acts over others, so the public must like what he does against others offerings in the market.
Poularity has never equalled quality, but they aren't mutually exclusive either.

Fab Foodie said:
Agreed, but nobody puts a gun to 'Cowell's sock-puppet' musics buyers to choose his acts over others, so the public must like what he does against others offerings in the market.
Poularity has never equalled quality, but they aren't mutually exclusive either.

The public buy what they're told to buy, if it's advertised heavily enough. The X idol, or whatever it's called, is basically a big advertising vehicle for Cowell - published acts. That's why this has sold enough to get to number one; if she'd been a singer in a nightclub no one would ever have noticed this song over the noise of people buying drinks, never mind bought however many copies are needed these days to make number one.

Rhythm Thief said:
The public buy what they're told to buy, if it's advertised heavily enough. The X idol, or whatever it's called, is basically a big advertising vehicle for Cowell - published acts. That's why this has sold enough to get to number one; if she'd been a singer in a nightclub no one would ever have noticed this song over the noise of people buying drinks, never mind bough however many copies are needed these days to make number one.
Bingo.
:blush:

Fab Foodie

Rhythm Thief said:
The public buy what they're told to buy, if it's advertised heavily enough. The X idol, or whatever it's called, is basically a big advertising vehicle for Cowell - published acts. That's why this has sold enough to get to number one; if she'd been a singer in a nightclub no one would ever have noticed this song over the noise of people buying drinks, never mind bought however many copies are needed these days to make number one.

Yep.
This is exactly how the pop-music business works...
The pop industry throws a lot of shoot against a wall in the hope that some will stick. Most of the acts that have come via this and other heavily promoted routes have not got further than 1 hit, probably because they are insufficiently talented. A few, like Will Young, (and I hate to say it) Girls Aloud, and very recently Leona Lewis have stayed the course because they have some talent. They are the tip of the Iceberg though. In this case I think that Alexandra Burke has talent enough to stay the course longer than most. Time will tell.

Knock-Knock
Who's there?
Alexandra Burke
Alexandra Burke Who?

That's show business!

Top Bottom