Hamstring Tendinopathy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I think the NHS Physio recommend a standard set of exercises for everything ! - I think if you could fix it with a foam roller alone it would be as likely to get better on its own !
I am seeing a private physio friday - told what the problem was and asked what she would do - cross frictional massage and dry needling was her response - so that got the thumbs up from me !
your physio sounds on the right lines - bear in the mind the treatment should be quite aggressive - and the weights for the deal lifts should be challenging - you should be pretty knackered after 3 sets of 10 - best to do both legs
good luck and keep us posted....

OP
OP
Justinslow

Justinslow

Lovely jubbly
I think the NHS Physio recommend a standard set of exercises for everything ! - I think if you could fix it with a foam roller alone it would be as likely to get better on its own !
I am seeing a private physio friday - told what the problem was and asked what she would do - cross frictional massage and dry needling was her response - so that got the thumbs up from me !
your physio sounds on the right lines - bear in the mind the treatment should be quite aggressive - and the weights for the deal lifts should be challenging - you should be pretty knackered after 3 sets of 10 - best to do both legs
good luck and keep us posted....
I know, I feel much more positive with my private physio and blimey she has strong hands!

OP
OP
Justinslow

Justinslow

Lovely jubbly
Had an expensive thorough bike fit which showed I was sitting some 5-6cm too far back - my frame is slightly too big for me and I had a "set back" seat post fitted.
Changed the seat post to an "in line" which has brought me near to correct (but still not completely correct) with the saddle pushed all the way forward on the rails. Already got a 90mm stem fitted and advised not to go any shorter as it will screw up the handling.
This may go some way to explaining my hamstring troubles.

Had an expensive thorough bike fit which showed I was sitting some 5-6cm too far back - my frame is slightly too big for me and I had a "set back" seat post fitted.
Changed the seat post to an "in line" which has brought me near to correct (but still not completely correct) with the saddle pushed all the way forward on the rails. Already got a 90mm stem fitted and advised not to go any shorter as it will screw up the handling.
This may go some way to explaining my hamstring troubles.

Yep - just get that hamstring to heal now. Take you're time , remember each time you strain it, you are putting back your rehab.
you sound on track though.

OP
OP
Justinslow

Justinslow

Lovely jubbly
This might not be true. I had to swap stems on two of my bikes for the shortest ones possible, which does affect the handling a bit. But you soon accommodate to it and it really isn't a problem. You could try it, and go back to the old stem if you really can't get on with it, but I found it made all the difference to comfort.
It's interesting, I swapped back my saddle to my old charge spoon and it sits much further forward than the selle one that I had fitted. So much so that pushed as far forward as it will go on the in line seat post actually places it too far forward according to the measurements I was given, so I've adjusted it back a bit and with the 90mm stem it seems ok.
Crucially the saddle to crank measurements are good too so hopefully I'll be ok. Cheers though.

OP
OP
Justinslow

Justinslow

Lovely jubbly
Yep - just get that hamstring to heal now. Take you're time , remember each time you strain it, you are putting back your rehab.
you sound on track though.
I had a hard day manually at work yesterday "shovelling" which meant my legs were bent and under strain most of the day, I really don't think this kind of work is doing me any favours in my recovery!
Another massage/acupuncture/cupping session tomorrow afternoon, so hoping this will help again. Still doing the core and leg work too every night.

I had a hard day manually at work yesterday "shovelling" which meant my legs were bent and under strain most of the day, I really don't think this kind of work is doing me any favours in my recovery!
Another massage/acupuncture/cupping session tomorrow afternoon, so hoping this will help again. Still doing the core and leg work too every night.

Be patient - that core work won't be wasted anyway.
My physio was ill last friday - so didn't get her expert opinion will see her tomorrow. Ive most been resting it - but I do a namby pamby desk job so it easy for me to rest !

Well one session of dry needling with the physio and my hamstrings are loads better. Still a bit of tightness in the groin which I will get the physio to look at on thursday.
A whopping 15 miles on sunday - with no after effects. Hammered the hamstrings in the gym yesterday - its looking promising !

anything2wheels

Well one session of dry needling with the physio and my hamstrings are loads better. Still a bit of tightness in the groin which I will get the physio to look at on thursday.
A whopping 15 miles on sunday - with no after effects. Hammered the hamstrings in the gym yesterday - its looking promising !

Hi mate,

just read this thread. I’m an avid cyclist and have an adductor tendinopathy!
Struggling to find anybody with a success story, and I’m curious! Are you back to 100% on your bike?
I have a decent physio and I’m working on a loading programme which helps but takes time.
I feel like the light at the end of the tunnel would be much brighter if someone had recovered from it and could tell the story haha.

Hi mate,

just read this thread. I’m an avid cyclist and have an adductor tendinopathy!
Struggling to find anybody with a success story, and I’m curious! Are you back to 100% on your bike?
I have a decent physio and I’m working on a loading programme which helps but takes time.
I feel like the light at the end of the tunnel would be much brighter if someone had recovered from it and could tell the story haha.

I have been - (currently have back injury).

But yes I got back from hamstring tendonthapy. The biggest thing was the dry needling without that I wouldn't have got back.

Cross friction massage as well.

Then hamstring curls - with lots of weight and lots of reps.

Pm me if you want the sports injury doc that sorted it.

Top Bottom