Hand wash only - really?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
MacBludgeon said:
everything I've got goes on at 30, if it doesn't cope then it's no good. All the merino wool stuff has done just fine like this.

Same here but 40 'cos our crappy washing machine has no cold/delicate 30 programme. I've given up on synthetic fabrics for top half cycle kit - it just ends up stinking without either really harsh washing powder or a 60 wash, or both!

For those with washing powder problems, or using pure soap flakes - we've got balls and they're great: Get your balls here

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
redjedi said:
What do you use if you can't use non-bio?

I've recently discovered I may be allergic to it, so I'm just using normal liquid.

Is there a Non-Non-Bio???

Well, two negatives make a positive, so non-non-bio would be bio.:sad:

Conversely, two positives don't make a negative. Yeah, right.

What?:tongue:

yello

MacBludgeon said:
everything I've got goes on at 30, if it doesn't cope then it's no good. All the merino wool stuff has done just fine like this.

same here, 30 delicates cycle. ice breaker merino handles it, my descente merino short sleeve shirt is falling apart!

Fiona N

Veteran
peanut said:
marvelous:biggrin: if I send you my jerseys could you show me how to do it ?:wacko:

Well if you don't mind your jerseys being washed with my underwear :tongue:

Cue risque comments ....

Fiona N

Veteran
yello said:
same here, 30 delicates cycle. ice breaker merino handles it, my descente merino short sleeve shirt is falling apart!

Being a late convert to merino, I have the zeal of the recently converted - and Icebreaker are fantastic :tongue:
The technical jerseys with the merino mesh side sections are especially good - base or mid layer or summer jersey. Not everyday you find something so flexible. And looks so good.
For the ladies, the cut of their non-technical T-shirts is superbly flattering, especially in black :wacko:

thomas

the tank engine
Fiona N said:
What's the big deal with handwash?
Just run a bowl of hand-hot water, dump a meagre capful of Aerial or whatever liquid in it, shove jerseys in. Swish about a bit then leave for 5 - 10 mins unless there are dirty marks - soap these and rub briefly. Wring. Drain bowl. Refill with clean water - cold will do. Swish jerseys, wringe, chuck in washing machine for brief spin.Take out and hang to dry same as if they'd been though the coloureds cycle.
Takes longer to type than to do :becool:

I've been handwashing most things at UNI...because I'm too tight to way £4 to wash my stuff at the launderette (and to lazy to go there).

Takes as long to do it by hand as it does to get there, wait for a machine, wash it, dry it, etc.

One way to save money while at UNI :becool:

garrilla

I purchased some liquid from wiggle for synthetics that smells of coriander, which has been in the wash on 30.

Tynan

Veteran
I wash all my kit at 30 degrees, regular (Fairy) powder, no conditoner on the normal cycle, along with any other clothes of mine that need washing, no problems whatsover

Top Bottom