Handheld Vacuum Cleaner Recommendations

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
I'd just replace whatever house vac you have with a Shark Lift Away model, I got one last year to replace a Dyson and it's the best and most useable / versatile hoover I've had.
It's perfect for that sort of "handheld" / mini vac job, the cylinder just lifts off the base and you carry the cylinder with you (it's really light). You detach the long wand from the tube and put whatever attachment you want on it, and it's been converted from an upright to a mega powerful "handheld" in about 6 seconds.

I use it for the car, the guinea pig cages, cat litter spills, stair carpets, allsorts.
20220304_125025.jpg

Currently £179 on Amazon.

My dealer vacuums the inside of the car once a year when I have it serviced.

I do it once half way between services so doesn’t warrant a special cleaner.

How often does a car need vacuuming?

vickster

Legendary Member

Probably more often if have dogs, kids, transport a lot of garden and other rubbish around, use for a job that involves waste or dirty equipment, take a muddy bike in the vehicle

icowden

Veteran
So only a powerful household vacuum will cut it for me. Of course you can use a carpet cleaning solution and some old fasioned elbow grease with a soft brush, that works well.
Personally, for the car I use one at the garage or more usually - pay someone else to use it for me...

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler

He did say he wanted it for cleaning between sofa cushions and to deal with cat litter, as well as occasional car cleans... it's clearly wanted for general handheld duties.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Handheld battery jobs are just pants . We have Dysons ( sh…T ) had some cheap ones as well. Stick with a Henry type thing for general hoovering . The only thing we did buy was the Shark brand with upholstery add on as we have a doggy with hair everywhere !!

Top Bottom