Handlebar and pedal noises

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fallingapart

Hello,

I bought a secondhand Apollo Highway 2010 recently and I've had a few issues since.

There was a clunking sound in time with my pedalling, as well as an intermittent snapping kind of sound coming from around my pedals. I took it in and the shop replaced the bottom bracket which fixed the clunking but not the snapping.

My handlebars are also really creaky. I didn't know what torquing was so I adjusted the angle with an allen key. I'm not sure if that's why or if it's to do with any of the (rusty) bolts. The adjustment bolt and spring flew out when I loosened it, not sure if that's meant to happen.

I can't find any specification to know what torque the 4 handlebar bolts are, or what I'd need to replace them with if needed.

I've just had my front wheel trued, the chain is squeaky too but I've ordered some lube for that).

As you can tell I'm clueless about bike maintenance and I'm overwhelmed with it all so apologies if this is all over the place (this wasn't everything wrong with it either), so all advice appreciated

Thank you

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    323.8 KB · Views: 3
  • 2.png
    2.png
    67.5 KB · Views: 3
Is the brake cable or front mech catching your foot as you pedal causing the wire to hit the frame and snap back?

Can you record yourself pedalling so we can hear the sound? From the description it’s very hard to diagnose what could be wrong. Creams and snaps are often not coming from the place you think they are!

Top Bottom