handlebar comfort on fixed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GrasB

Veteran
bonj, I know this is a little late but did you check BB to saddle placement & are your crank lengths the same? I know you've checked height but I was more thinking forward/aft positioning. Where your legs are rotating around can change how you're gripping & applying weight to the handlebars. But yes riding a fixie does change the way you're using your handle bars.

OP
OP
B

bonj2

Wicksie said:
Is the front wheel going?

Ta
depends how much you're offering and whether it's worth it (i.e. covers the postage).

womblechops

Good to see a post on handlebar comfort as I have been waking in the night with bad aches in my right hand and have just realised it is due to my handlebars. It doesn't hurt on the bike, but it is now obviously all the muscles used when braking too hard on the front in wet weather.

Considering changing to a Greenbank set up as above rather than resting on the hoods as I do now.

GrahamG

Guru
Bonj - I'd be interested in the crankset & BB, been umming and arring about an upgrade for a while. Can't seem to PM you so...

Are they 165mm? What sort of condition are they in? With or without chainring (and how many teeth if with)?
I suppose a price in mind would be sensible too.

Any mudguards going with that too?;)

Top Bottom