Handlebar covers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Daninplymouth

Hi, after trashing a set of bars on the turbo last year from sweat I’m making a couple of changes for this winters training. Firstly I will be using an old pair of gloves to help and the odd time Iv been on lately Iv cut up an old towel for an extra layer too. This can become a faff though as my fans blow them off if not paying attention so my question is does anyone make like a fitted cover that’d cover the hoods? I see the sweat catchers but they they just cover the frame to the centre of the bars and I pretty much ride on the hoods exclusively
Thanks

BurningLegs

Veteran
I’ve never heard of a set of bars being trashed in a single season of turbo use?!

What is your cooling like? This can really help because firstly you won’t sweat as much if you’re not over heating as much (obviously lots of sweat is to be expected but what you’re describing is extreme) and secondly when you do sweat more of it will evaporate off your skin before running down your hands onto the bars if you’ve got a good fan (or fans) cooling you!

OP
OP
Daninplymouth

Daninplymouth

I’m using 2 vac master fans so no problem with cooling and I’m outdoors, but I do sweat a lot and was pushing myself last year.
I have towels now to put on the bars but was looking to see if there was anything that could fit over, I’m sure Iv seen something advertised before

Attachments

• F8DB6317-48D4-4B01-9DA8-A1D60D197CAA.jpeg
    F8DB6317-48D4-4B01-9DA8-A1D60D197CAA.jpeg
    140.5 KB · Views: 3
I’m using 2 vac master fans so no problem with cooling and I’m outdoors, but I do sweat a lot and was pushing myself last year.
I have towels now to put on the bars but was looking to see if there was anything that could fit over, I’m sure Iv seen something advertised before

It'd probably be worth you getting a cheap turbo bike if youve already sweated enough to damage one bike.

Joffey

Big Dosser
I’ve never heard of a set of bars being trashed in a single season of turbo use?!

What is your cooling like? This can really help because firstly you won’t sweat as much if you’re not over heating as much (obviously lots of sweat is to be expected but what you’re describing is extreme) and secondly when you do sweat more of it will evaporate off your skin before running down your hands onto the bars if you’ve got a good fan (or fans) cooling you!

Ditto - OP must be sweating acid sweat!! :whistle:

CXRAndy

Guru

I would just drape towels over bars. My handlebars are perfect from over 5 years of use. That because I use several kitchen towels over the entire bar area. The only exposed area is the shifter- being Di2 ,is just a finger press.

Top Bottom