Handlebar lights

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sarabee

The other day I saw a guy with flashing red lights inserted into the plug ends of his drop handlebars. They were really highly visible and caught the drivers eye due to the width apart (we're usually stuck with ones in the middle plus helmet lights etc).

Has anyone come across these and if so could they let me know the make/model as I can't find them on the net.

Thanks

My colleague at work has a son who invented ans set up DAnlite, but as with many good british ideas it became financially impossible to compete against imported alternatives. Hence my small knowledge of the rivals. A sthe departmental resident on cycling matters I was frequently consulted!

There are a number of these ...

Knog used to make some, similar to the DAnlite which had white LED forward facing and red to the rear. This adds to the bar width / lenght though

For plug-in, almost flush with the bar end try BLT and Trek.

NiteZone were almost identical to BLT, but cheaper.

Do beware though the latter designs are "bar specific" if they are to face behind you.- For drops the light beam must be in the same direction as the bars and for straight bars the beam must be at 90 degrees to the bar.

Most of the big mail order retailers should have some, a quick google for NiteZone produces a fair list.

OP
OP
S

Sarabee

Thanks. I've got some Nitezone ones on order. The info on the thread "bar end lights" was also v useful

Top Bottom