Handlebar mount cellphone holder recommendation.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

simongt

Guru
The GLW is looking for the above to mount her HTC U12 Plus so she can use the Satnav app. The mounting space on the handlebars for the bracket is 30mm. wide, so not a lot of 'fiddle room' as such. As long as the mount is well built, weatherproof and reliable, price isn't too much of an issue, but obviously we're not going up the 'yer 'avin' a larf' route - !
She'll probably want to switch the unit between bikes occasionally, so easy on / off would be good too. I suggested asking the question here because I am of the opinion that user experience is much more accurate :okay: that say, Amazon reviews. :whistle:

vickster

Legendary Member
Quad lock?

Badger_Boom

Über Member
Third recommendation for quadlock. They’re not cheap and you need a dedicated case (or an adaptor), but they’re solid and well made with a choice of attachment styles.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
20220626_160932.jpg

20220626_160932.jpg

Quad lock?
Top notch quality customer service too.
The phone case on my iPhone XS has warped on one side and was no longer straight by a few mm.

Dropped then an email with long term feedback on the case as it’s now 18 months old so out of warrant expecting to pay for a replacement, perhaps at a discounted price and they replaced it no quibbles for free!

Attachments

• 8E23B6C7-2205-40D4-9DCA-D9AAA1B4C338.jpeg
    8E23B6C7-2205-40D4-9DCA-D9AAA1B4C338.jpeg
    61 KB · Views: 3

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
1656255847163.png

GUB - I use a couple of these. The G85 is alloy and can also be mounted on the stem cap (without the band). The phone can be horizontal or vertical. Very secure. Best price on Aliexpress.

Gwylan

Veteran
The best and most secure on the market is quadlock

But not for couple of quid!

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
I was responding to a post about the cost of the quad lock tho? That’s something different (and really big, no?!)

I see :okay:.
Not really big, quite neat and doesn't need any thing fixed to the phone. Re Quadlock - I don't trust anything held to the bars with neoprene bands.

Daninplymouth

Need to be careful with these though as it trashed the one of the cameras on my iPhone. Could still take pictures but when video calling was constantly swaying around. Don’t quote me on this but I think most of the newer ones have electronic image stabilisation which is always on and with the constant vibrations from the handlebars can cause it to burn out.

Top Bottom