Hands up......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Well done. Joined the club.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Well done. Sturmey- Archer 3 speed into 700c here, 700c was good rim and bad spokes, Sturmey Archer was in an orphan size of Schwinn Wheel. Need to build another now.

paul04

Über Member
I remember building a wheel when I was about 15 years old, I was doing something silly riding the bike and bent the rim.
So off I went to the bike shop and got a rim. then started the task of swapping everything over

A hour later I could not work out why every spoke was a inch to long, so thinking I must have been given the wrong rim, I took it back to the shop.
I must say the man in the shop was very good, He noticed I had just put all the spokes straight and not crossing them over as you do.
He told me to copy the spokes in the back wheel and it will be ok.

So about 2 days later I got it right, well sort of, the front wheel never did quite run true after that :unsure:

DiddlyDodds

Random Resident
I've just demolished a Wagon Wheel all by myself , not sure if that counts
wagon-wheel.jpg

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Yes, I rebuilt my previous Brompton's back wheel from scratch. I can't remember why now (it might have been when the rim split - fortunately just outside a Brompton dealer), but it proved to be much more reliable than the first wheel I had.

thom

____
Kind of - I took a couple apart and put em back together on my fixie - the idea was to play with spoke pattern - the reality is you can hardly notice !
I have a wheel truer & spoke tensioner too - quite a fun thing to do if you have the time and patience to learn

Top Bottom