Hang on, this is real life

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Cross my heart & hope to die...

Walking t'hound yesterday and I passed a pitch on which a couple of teams of muddy chaps (proper, with kits, ref & linesmen, the whole bit...aged maybe 20-ish) were thrashing out a game of footie. A charge up the touchline, a cross, and - GOAL! A moment or two later I got a slightly bemused look from a fellow spectator at the snort I'd just produced. 'I actually found myself waiting for the replay,' I said. 'I only ever watch footie on Match of the Day...not used to the real thing.'

Fubar

Guru

Walking t'hound yesterday and I passed a pitch on which a couple of teams of muddy chaps (proper, with kits, ref & linesmen, the whole bit...aged maybe 20-ish) were thrashing out a game of footie. A charge up the touchline, a cross, and - GOAL! A moment or two later I got a slightly bemused look from a fellow spectator at the snort I'd just produced. 'I actually found myself waiting for the replay,' I said. 'I only ever watch footie on Match of the Day...not used to the real thing.'

On the rare occassion I go to a game it does take a moment to think what is different... Ah, there it is - no commentary!

Oldbloke

Guru

You also miss out on the endless droning on by the pundits too.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Last Friday Mrs A_T, Master A_T and prospective D-in-L A_T [watch this space] were all walking along a path beside a road in Oxford which had a huge puddle of dirty water beside the kerb created by the hand car wash garage we were passing. I turned round to MrsA_T and said we'd better get past this quickly we wouldn't want to get splas......WHOOSH....hed.... Soaked we were- the four of us- head to foot in cold, dirty soapy water... hair and clothes dripping and very, very cold. Lots of people saw it happen, nobody got the van details... we'll laugh about it one day.

The car park attendant came rushing out to tell us it was a white transit that had deliberately swerved though the puddle, but he hadn't got the number plate either. Neither did the CCTV face the road, so we had to grin and bear it... but we've been checking Facebook, YouTube and Twitter waiting for the moron who did it posting about it to his friends... BHS's closing down sale did well out of us that morning, selling us new trousers, jumpers, socks and underwear!

Top Bottom