Hanger Required

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

uclown2002

Guru
Hanger back.jpg
I see a few websites where hangers can be found, but are there any sites you have dealt with and would recommend?

I need one from what was a specialized allez 2011 triple.

Hanger Allez 2011.jpg

Last edited:

screenman

Legendary Member

S.Giles

I bought a hanger about a year ago from an eBay vendor who had listed a large number of pictures to help with the choice. No problems - it was a good fit and has been in use ever since.

I might be missing something obvious here, but why do you need one if you already have one to take photos of?

OP
OP
uclown2002

uclown2002

Guru
I bought a hanger about a year ago from an eBay vendor who had listed a large number of pictures to help with the choice. No problems - it was a good fit and has been in use ever since.

I might be missing something obvious here, but why do you need one if you already have one to take photos of?

I was trying out my rear mech hanger alignment tool and damaged the threads of the hanger!

The tool just wouldn't screw in properly, so tried to force it. A little bit of knowledge is sometimes dangerous. ^_^

Globalti

Legendary Member
One warning: Specialized fit diferent LENGTH hangers to the same bikes with different derailleur cages in order to get the distances right.

These are the hangers from two Roubaixs, the longer hanger came off a Roubaix with an 11 - 30 cassette and long cage derailleur and the shorter a Roubaix with 11 - 27 cassette and short cage derailleur:

20140503_060602_zps6fdbf4a9.jpg

OP
OP
uclown2002

uclown2002

Guru
One warning: Specialized fit diferent LENGTH hangers to the same bikes with different derailleur cages in order to get the distances right.

These are the hangers from two Roubaixs, the longer hanger came off a Roubaix with an 11 - 30 cassette and long cage derailleur and the shorter a Roubaix with 11 - 27 cassette and short cage derailleur:

20140503_060602_zps6fdbf4a9.jpg
Interesting post! My bike used to be a triple but I converted to compact but kept the long hanger, Visited specialized shop today and got like for like replacement which obviously is the long hanger. I might keep it as a spare and get the proper hanger.

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
dependent on how quickly you need it and your feelings on the 'H' place, My local Halfords stock a small range of hangers. never bought one myself but I know someone that did, it matched the one he'd removed and it wasn't made of cheese.

Top Bottom