Happiness is...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ozboz

Guru
They have just refurbed a Holts pub near us. TBF it was just a proper drinkers pub without any atmosphere and it is now quite nice with full dining options BUT.....the beer has gone up close to £1.00 a pint.

Holts’s , I used to live on that neck of the woods , which pub is it ?

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Finding the bolt or screw, that you kept just in case, in the bottom of the jar when you need it.
Catching the train when you get to the station and you think you've missed it.
Getting in on a blustery wet day, getting dry and having a nice hot cup of tea.
Seeing my daughter's face after she passed her PGCE maths test and her driving test.
Seeing the rest of the team jump on my son when he saved the last penalty in the local league's cup final match when he was 18.
Eating a twice baked cheese soufflé.
Listening to Mrs A laugh out loud.

Lots of things really!

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I used to like a bit of drum light, till 2006
Too many 'twigs' in Drum for me, an old friend of mine used to smoke Holborn and Three Castles mixed together but only cos he reckoned Holborn was too strong but he was knocking on a bit as he was in his late 70s when I met him, the only bloke I knew who'd fought in both 'World Wars' although he'd lied about his age to get into the first one.

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
When I still smoked (about 20 years ago) I used to mix 50/50 Golden Virginia and Old Holborn

I found GV too dry on it's own, but OH was a little too moist.

I agree about Drum. It had too many drumsticks in it :laugh:

Last edited:

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
Making my house a home. When I moved in, we just used up whatever paint my dad had in his garage, mostly white or barley white. I've now ordered a new sofa, I got a nice sideboard free off FB, and I'm now painting a feature wall. It is bringing me more joy than I thought it would.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Happiness is being or doing somethingwith my loved one .

Or being out on one of my bikes , can't wait to get my latest acquisition out on a ride but looking at the weather forecast it might be a while yet .

Top Bottom