Happiness is...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
whats your happy place?
Atop Carol Vorderman.

ozboz

Guru
Sitting by a Coal/Log fire in a nice comfy Pub with a pint of Mild and an 'Old Holborn' roll-up, last achieved about 1990. :sad:
Mild ! Not something you see around these parts , my Dad was a mild drinker, I am in agreement with the open fire on a cold night though , especially after a ride ! A nice large Port goes down well !

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Not crashing on a wet slimy off road descent. So good I smashed my Strava PB on both tricky descents. Probably because we couldn't see because of the mud. Huge grins all round at the bottom. No deaths. :notworthy:

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Mild ! Not something you see around these parts , my Dad was a mild drinker, I am in agreement with the open fire on a cold night though , especially after a ride ! A nice large Port goes down well !
I used to drink in 'the Havelock Arms' in Enderby, they'd go through a good couple of barrels of M&B 'Flying Stag' Mild a night, a real 'darts and dommies' pub with a large bar with real Linoleum flooring and a small Lounge/Snug with just a serving hatch through to the back of the bar. No TV, Jukebox or Fruit machine but it was next door to the 'bookies' and the clientele was mainly (single) middle aged blokes who drank 8-12 pints a night. At weekends though some of the married ones would bring their wives in and drink in the lounge where a fire would be lit in winter and the chairs were comfy.

Unfortunately in around 1990 the old Landlord retired and the brewery decided to 'Modernise' the pub knocking it through into one big room and trying to attract a younger crowd, re-named the pub 'The Chatsworth' and wrecked it completely. :cursing: It's a restaurant now. :sad:

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I used to drink in 'the Havelock Arms' in Enderby, they'd go through a good couple of barrels of M&B 'Flying Stag' Mild a night, a real 'darts and dommies' pub with a large bar with real Linoleum flooring and a small Lounge/Snug with just a serving hatch through to the back of the bar. No TV, Jukebox or Fruit machine but it was next door to the 'bookies' and the clientele was mainly (single) middle aged blokes who drank 8-12 pints a night. At weekends though some of the married ones would bring their wives in and drink in the lounge where a fire would be lit in winter and the chairs were comfy.

Unfortunately in around 1990 the old Landlord retired and the brewery decided to 'Modernise' the pub knocking it through into one big room and trying to attract a younger crowd, re-named the pub 'The Chatsworth' and wrecked it completely. :cursing: It's a restaurant now. :sad:
Q0Ad3529YLJWRu_3xvRw0Yc99xT1Iw4V8Y2lqFZxyfMj8XaLzd.jpg

Globalti

Legendary Member

Shame. I don't think it increases footfall; it just allows the pub to charge higher prices because it brings in wealthier, younger, less experienced drinkers.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Shame. I don't think it increases footfall; it just allows the pub to charge higher prices because it brings in wealthier, younger, less experienced drinkers.
They have just refurbed a Holts pub near us. TBF it was just a proper drinkers pub without any atmosphere and it is now quite nice with full dining options BUT.....the beer has gone up close to £1.00 a pint.

Top Bottom