Happy 18th birthday to my kettle....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

betty swollocks

large member
Happy 18th Birthday to Faithful, my kettle. Bought this day, er 18 years ago from Comet warehouse, it’s in its element, or rather, its element is in it, when heating water for my morning coffee.

I’ll give it its first de-scaling this evening, as a special birthday treat.

Ps. If any of my CC chums wish to use this thread to pay tribute, to their much-maligned, under appreciated, or sadly neglected electrical appliances, they are very welcome to do so.

kettle.JPG

Last edited:

wheresthetorch

Dreaming of Celeste
I think you should stop spouting on about it.

Drago

Legendary Member
I'd like to pay tribute to my faithful old Psion Organiser LZ64. 26 years old this year and still going strong keeping my life in order for me.

Alas, the end may be near as synching it to a Windows pc was challenging but possible, albeit with various drivers and serial-USB interfaces. Sadly Windows 10 seems a bit much for it and if I can't suss it soon I may have to go for something more modern, like an early 00's Palm Pilot.

drummerbod

Must be in a soft water area!

My Mum & Dads Hitachi TV is 33 years old - faultless. Wouldn't boil water though.

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
Happy 18th Birthday to faithful my kettle. Bought this day, er 18 years ago from Comet warehouse, it’s in its element, or rather, its element is in it, when heating water for my morning coffee.

I’ll give it its first de-scaling this evening, as a special birthday treat.

Ps. If any of my CC chums wish to use this thread to pay tribute, to their much-maligned, under appreciated, or sadly neglected electrical appliances, they are very welcome to do so.

View attachment 116680

I'm very much assuming you live in a soft water area......especially if this is its first descaling....either that or you can only get a cup of water in it now....

Top Bottom