Happy Birthday Magnatom!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Dayvo,

I'm lookig forward to it! :smile:PfS this year?

26x25 it is the road that takes you north from Kilsyth. It's a fair wee climb with a couple of very steep sections. It also has a ford at the other side which I nearly came a cropper on the first time I went that way! :ohmy:xx(:becool:

Just wanted to add my best wishes to the list Magnatom..

Enjoy the rest of the day..
:becool::birthday::smile:

I'm currently enjoying some nice beer, courtesy of the kids, wondering if Mrs Magnatom will get downstairs.

Ah the joys of having three kids, one of which is 3 months old and takes most of the evening to get to sleep. :smile:

(Actually we can't complain, she sleeps through the night! :becool:)

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Not being a regular in the cafe, I trust I am not too late to wish you a :birthday:Happy Birdie, Mighty Magnatom :laugh:

:biggrin:

Are you coming to Liligow next Sun ? :biggrin:

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
magnatom said:
Dayvo,

I'm lookig forward to it! :smile:PfS this year?

26x25 it is the road that takes you north from Kilsyth. It's a fair wee climb with a couple of very steep sections. It also has a ford at the other side which I nearly came a cropper on the first time I went that way! :ohmy:xx(:laugh:

Ah yes the lesser known crossing of the Campsies. I did it lots of times many moons ago. One time descending with my group towards Kilsyth one chap misjudged one of the hair pins, left the road and on going over the bars knocked a massive stone clear off the top of the dry stone wall with his head (no helmets in those days). Stone (bigger than said head) rolled off downhill whilst he got up, shook himself a bit and got back on the bike. Oh what fun :biggrin:

Hope you have had a good ride over there. IIRC you can see both the Clyde and the Forth (and bridge) from up there on a reasonable day.

*Goes all misty eyed * Time for me to revisit.......

buggi

Bird Saviour
:biggrin::laugh:

Thanks very much lads and ladies! :tongue:

Unfortunately I didn't make it out on my ride today. :biggrin: One of the downsides to having 3 kids is that if things kick off they REALLY kick off, and this morning would not have been a good time to leave my good wife in the lurch (although to her credit she did keep telling me to go!

Still it was a nice day, and this afternoon we took the kids to a party. It was in Blanefield which sits at the foot of the Campsies (the same range that has Tak Ma Doon on it), so although I didn't get to ride up it, I had a wee beer sitting at the foot of it! :biggrin:

Top Bottom