Happy Goo...

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
Given the amount of water coming from the skies over Edinburgh this morning Goo Mason must have been feeling very happy. :tongue:

I would have enjoyed it more if it didn't have such a negative effect on my brakes, stopping got a wee bit interesting once or twice... maybe I should look into upgrading to disk brakes:wacko:

The fun bit is seeing peoples faces as you walk into the building, fortunately I was warm and dry in side my cycling gear.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Better pads mate....that's all....

Was dry in Manchester until late afternoon - pleasant ride in, light rain on way home.

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
Damn ! I posted a big reply and it didn't 'take'. Wonder what happened ?

Anyway, it was happy though not entirely - it was only spitting with rain for my 6am commute :ohmy: I missed the impressive heavy stuff that started after I got to work. Pity it hadn't lasted until hometime.

Ach well- there's always tomorrow :smile:

gavintc

Guru
Thankfully dry for the return trip home tonight and not that cold - a pleasant run until I met up with my wife and she punctured shortly afterward. Changing a tyre on the side of the A90 near the Cramond Brig was not fun

Keith Oates

Janner
<The fun bit is seeing peoples faces as you walk into the building, fortunately I was warm and dry in side my cycling gear.>
Glad you arrived in that condition, but for me when it's heavy rain the feet are never dry and warm and I start to get wet from the inside out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

threefingerjoe

Über Member
I've found that the Kool-Stop Salmon brake pads seem to help in the wet. In addition to the Salmon pad being a FINE braking material, the pads are designed with a sort of "chisel point" leading edge, that is supposed to work like a squeegee to wipe the water from the rim, before it passes under the brake pads. Does anyone else have any comment on these pads?

Joe

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
Another purchase noted for a few months' time when I order my shiny new SCR2 on the Bike To Work !

Top Bottom