Happy Goo...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
Given the amount of water coming from the skies over Edinburgh this morning Goo Mason must have been feeling very happy. :tongue:

I would have enjoyed it more if it didn't have such a negative effect on my brakes, stopping got a wee bit interesting once or twice... maybe I should look into upgrading to disk brakes:wacko:

The fun bit is seeing peoples faces as you walk into the building, fortunately I was warm and dry in side my cycling gear.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Better pads mate....that's all....

Was dry in Manchester until late afternoon - pleasant ride in, light rain on way home.

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
Damn ! I posted a big reply and it didn't 'take'. Wonder what happened ?

Anyway, it was happy though not entirely - it was only spitting with rain for my 6am commute :ohmy: I missed the impressive heavy stuff that started after I got to work. Pity it hadn't lasted until hometime.

Ach well- there's always tomorrow :smile:

goo_mason said:
Damn ! I posted a big reply and it didn't 'take'. Wonder what happened ?

Anyway, it was happy though not entirely - it was only spitting with rain for my 6am commute :sad: I missed the impressive heavy stuff that started after I got to work. Pity it hadn't lasted until hometime.

Ach well- there's always tomorrow :smile:

I didn't miss it :ohmy:

gavintc

Guru
Thankfully dry for the return trip home tonight and not that cold - a pleasant run until I met up with my wife and she punctured shortly afterward. Changing a tyre on the side of the A90 near the Cramond Brig was not fun

Keith Oates

Janner
<The fun bit is seeing peoples faces as you walk into the building, fortunately I was warm and dry in side my cycling gear.>
Glad you arrived in that condition, but for me when it's heavy rain the feet are never dry and warm and I start to get wet from the inside out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

threefingerjoe

Über Member
I've found that the Kool-Stop Salmon brake pads seem to help in the wet. In addition to the Salmon pad being a FINE braking material, the pads are designed with a sort of "chisel point" leading edge, that is supposed to work like a squeegee to wipe the water from the rim, before it passes under the brake pads. Does anyone else have any comment on these pads?

Joe

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
Another purchase noted for a few months' time when I order my shiny new SCR2 on the Bike To Work !

Top Bottom