Happy happy, joy joy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Kiwiavenger

Kiwiavenger

im a little tea pot
i actually got to hold a buster sword whilse at mega con in the states :hyper: !!! i am that much of a geek :highfive:

i also love the fact of being able to name all of the characters as well

TVC

Not forgetting Jet Set Willy and Horace goes Skiiing :thumbsup:

Your wish is my command.

http://www.darnkitty.com/jsw/

Risex4

Dropped by the autobus
:eek: ... :googles: ... reads ...

Oh hell yeah! Cannot like enough!

No, wait, that doesnt do it justice.

:hyper::wahhey::hyper::wahhey::hyper:

This came up on a thread not two days ago (well, not the release bit, but FF7!). I am aaaaalllll over that. I spent years aching for them to remake it, but I actually think now it would be spoilt. There was something about the graphics for me which made it; the bright blocky characters on the pre-rendered backgrounds of quaint little villages. The idylic simplicity of the world map - with the resultant joy and wonder when you stumbled across something new in the distance. The animations of the Weapons wondering around. The Midgar Zolom just daring you to play chicken...

I rather think that a true remake now - assuming that they caved to the desire to 21st century it up - would most probably destroy it for me. Oh and the music. Prelude. The world map theme. Anxious Hearts. One Winged Angel. They surely couldnt touch those?

As it sounds like they've just touched the graphics for a higher frame rate and smoothed the edges (and put in a blatant cheat mode which could be devious fun), this just sounds simply ace. Now its definately holiday time!

And just for the sake of nostalgia becuase I have been well and truly set off. Golden Saucer racing and Choccobo breeding to get KOTR. The things you do to cross dress in Sector 6(?). The sheer thrill of a mastered materia. Purposefully narking of the ladies to take Barrett on a date...

OP
OP
Kiwiavenger

Kiwiavenger

im a little tea pot
Golden chocobo breeding! Easiest ways to make money I know of!!!

But can aeris be resurrected??? It's the only thing I havent done and you can do it in the jap version it got knocked on the head on the UK one as they already put back the release date. First ever game for my ps1 and my dad didnt even give me a memory card!!!

Sent from the Holodeck on my Tricorder

Risex4

Dropped by the autobus
But can aeris be resurrected??? It's the only thing I havent done and you can do it in the jap version it got knocked on the head on the UK one as they already put back the release date.

I don't know. Urban legend was that the orignal plan was that there would be a way of resurrecting Aries; there was a fantastic fansite I came across years ago - I mean a proper geeky one; it went into the philosopihcal depths of the story, the symbology of the characters and all - which deconstructed the orignial PC port and found programmed dialogue for Aries at many future points on Discs 2 and 3 (releative to the PS release), although it was incomplete (i.e she wasnt scripted at every future point and merely dropped, more she was dropped at some point mid-development leaving fragments of conversations where others simply picked up her lines or she was ommitted). Along with the fact also that it was impossible to unlock all of her limit breaks and weapons prior to Sephiroth being an arse - although again this things actually existed in the game code and could be unlocked on the UK PS1 release using a GameGenie. Rumour was this was dropped because of pressures on the orignial release date - I always though including the original Japan version aswell.

Besides, I never got the clamour for the ability to ressurrect Aries. Her death was the pivitol moment of the story, a shock, a motivation. The chance for her just to pop back up at some future point with a "hey guys, hows it going" would have cheapened it massively, so Im glad the (legitimate) ability was dropped.

Leedsbusdriver

Every breath leaves me one less to my last
Bubble Bobble
Wizball
Thrust
Dig Dug
Bomb Jack
Paperboy
Pitstop 2
Head over Heels
I could go on but that will do for now.
Some good remakes HERE I would recommend Head over Heels and Wizball:becool: