'Happy Mosel' cycle festival

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bodhbh

Guru
Me and the OH are intending to camp in the Mosel/Eifel region around Whitsun and notice the above festival is on the last Sunday of May. Has anyone been? We're just considering whether it's worth skewering the timing on the visit to take it in. We'll be taking our bikes ofc.

There's a few other wine festivals around the same time, including a fairly large one at Cochem, but then that's the week following and it'd be a toss up which one to attend.

Any suggestions or comments in general about the region would be welcome also. We'll be up at Monschau for a few days as well.

Brains

Legendary Member
We did The French border to Koblenz (with a quick detour up the Saar) last May. Great cycling, the grapes have a useful by product which needs to be regularly sampled.
We loved it, but then having done the Danube and the Elbe long distance cycle paths we knew what to expect.

Having cycled in the UK, Ireland, France, Belgium, Holland, Czech Rep, Austria, Luxembourg, Denmark and Germany, we think the best place for cycle touring is Germany. (With Holland, Denmark and Austria all a close second)

OP
OP
Bodhbh

Bodhbh

Guru
These 5o mile funs runs are great for Brompton owners.

Funny enough, the OH will be on a Dahon and I'll be on a hotrodded Raleigh Twenty, so the folders will get a work out !

Great cycling, the grapes have a useful by product which needs to be regularly sampled. We loved it, but then having done the Danube and the Elbe long distance cycle paths we knew what to expect......Germany, we think the best place for cycle touring is Germany.

I'm looking foward to some nice relaxing rides using the cycle paths. I can take em or leave em when I'm on my own, but when riding in company it is much nicer to be out the way of traffic and be able to hold a conversation.
And yes looking forward to sampling some of the fruit of the vine! Hopefully plenty of beer too.

Well, we booked to overlap the Happy Mosel festival in the end, so we shall see...I've been on zero group events or rides of any kind, so it'll be ticking that box at least.

Top Bottom