Happy St. George's Day

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BSRU

A Human Being
Only knew it was today because of the Google title banner.
Plus the 30th anniversary of the ZX Spectrum apparently.

Globalti

Legendary Member
My birthday!

Leedsbusdriver

Every breath leaves me one less to my last
It's a shame the cross of St George has been hijacked by organisations like the EDL and BNP.People are afraid to fly the flag now for fear of being thought of as a right wing extremist:sad:
P.S, Happy birthday Globalti:birthday:

Maz

Guru
It's a shame the cross of St George has been hijacked by organisations like the EDL and BNP.People are afraid to fly the flag now for fear of being thought of as a right wing extremist:sad:
P.S, Happy birthday Globalti:birthday:
Interesting comment.
I was flying the St.George flag on my bike this morning - and I'm Asian - not sure the far right groups would like that, :whistle::hello: . I say we reclaim the flag - banish the demons of the far right.

Interesting comment.
I was flying the St.George flag on my bike this morning - and I'm Asian - not sure the far right groups would like that, :whistle::hello: . I say we reclaim the flag - banish the demons of the far right.
Good on you, Maz - although I think you're only trying to curry favour in Tiger Town. :tongue:
Last year, St Georgeous Day (yeh - it's really for us on here) fell during an 'FNRttC' to Bog. No 'r'. I had 'Red Cross' supplies aplenty on my pub bike.(Only because I always end up in a pub, no matter what bike I'm on!)
2rdbuqp.jpg

Maz

Guru
Good on you, Maz - although I think you're only trying to curry favour in Tiger Town. :tongue:
Last year, St Georgeous Day (yeh - it's really for us on here) fell during an 'FNRttC' to Bog. No 'r'. I had 'Red Cross' supplies aplenty on my pub bike.(Only because I always end up in a pub, no matter what bike I'm on!)
2rdbuqp.jpg
Is that a dagger on the seat tube???

GetAGrip

Still trying to look cool and not the fool HA
It's my birthday today too <sings> Happy Birthday to me! :smile:
Happy Birthday to you too :birthday:and Happy St George day to all!

Globalti

Legendary Member
Thanks friends.

Tonight I shall enjoy a tot of my birthday Lagavulin Distiller's Edition as the sun goes down over the yardarm.... if we can see the flippin' sun, that is!

Chrisz

Über Member
It's also the 94th Anniversary of the Zeebrugge Raid (23rd April 1918) - "celebrated" as a victory and 8 VCs awarded (the most ever for a single action) the raid was actually insignificant strategically and resulted in a huge loss of life for the Royal Navy/Royal Marines taking part.

Top Bottom