Hard hat...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Not a good idea. A bleeding wound is a cleaner wound. Best let the scalp lacerations bleed until a clean dressing is applied. Not good having to clean congealed egg from a wound!

Don't worry, that comment was not meant to be taken seriously ^_^

screenman

Legendary Member
Why bother with egg boxes when we have helmets that have shock absorption and crumple zones built in already.

The problem I have is that anybody could actually believe the owner of that helmet in the OP would have been better off without it on. Still it takes all sorts to make the world go around, or is it still flat?

Alun

Guru
Memory foam has a memory, but helmets are not made of memory foam, sorry what was the question again?

screenman

Legendary Member
I thought somebody would ask that, try it pick up a piece of polystyrene squeeze and release, in time you will see it goes back to its original shape. Much the same as PVB does.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
My memory is inside my head and it says don't go jumping off things on your bike as if you come off it will hurt whether you are wearing a helmet, eggshells or a watermelon :popcorn:

Oh, good. I'm just worried some people are now going to start wearing eggs as an alternative to helmets. How could I suggest such a thing! :thumbsup:

You may be right. There are some pretty hard boiled opinions on this topic - it won't be over easy to change people's minds.

Some of the thinking seems pretty scrambled, although some contributors appear to have poached their views from whichever post they read last.

Nonetheless, I'm not sure you can entirely scotch eggs as a protective garment. They may have some functional benefit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom