Hard Impact; Where does fault lie?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

400bhp

Guru
Which did the chap do?

Origamist

Legendary Member
If YOU were riding your bike instead of the chap we saw, would you
a) Ride exactly the same as he did
b) Slow down as you were crossing a junction
c) Stay in bed

As this is a forum where posturing, over-estimating one's own ability and self-deception are never in short supply, I'm going to opt for b) too.

Wobblers

Euthermic
Is the question to difficult for you?

We don't have any evidence to say whether or not he slowed down before the junction or not.None of us were there, so every one of us is indulging in supposition. The best we can say is "I don't know".

theclaud

Openly Marxist
[QUOTE 3018355, member: 9609"]excellent 10/10 you would see the potential danger and react.[/QUOTE]
He'd address the source of the danger - the drunk (substitute careless, inattentive, aggressive, impatient as required) driver. This isn't difficult.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
It looks pretty simple to me. It's a junction , not a roundabout. The car does a right turn into a road user going straight ahead in the other direction. Of course the shysters in the insurance trade will attempt to paint a different picture. What's new?

Origamist

Legendary Member
I'd take the comments concerning the insurance claim favoring the motorist with a pinch of salt. The guy with the YoutTube channel seems very keen to solicit more views, likes and subs - what better way to generate more traffic to his channel than concocting a story about a tendentious insurance claim?

Last edited:

benb

Evidence based cyclist
[QUOTE 3018380, member: 9609"]I wouldn't have thought it was difficult either. Considering what other road users may or may not do is all part of keeping safe.[/QUOTE]

No one is suggesting for a moment that we cycle without any consideration of what other road users may or may not do.
What people are saying is that regardless of whether the cyclist might have been able to do more to avoid it, the driver was 100% at fault.

CopperBrompton

Bicycle: a means of transport between cake-stops
[QUOTE 3019018, member: 45"]Maybe he thought that the car would follow the correct line rather than cutting a huge chunk out of the corner.[/QUOTE]
He does indeed seem to have been an optimist.

Top Bottom