Hard or mesh?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
J

jdg88

Picked up my QNT yesterday evening with the hardshell seat and rode to work beaming from ear to ear! Kevin said it would feel completely different to the Explorer and it's even better than I imagined. The hardshell seat is a little bit warmer than the mesh, but when the wind whistles through the Ventisit pad from the side it does cool it down. The neck rest may have to be re thought as I'm of diminuitive stature and it doesn't go down quite low enough to support my neck rather than my hat. The only wish I have is that it wasn't necessary to have mudguards as they ruin the lines of the sporty look of the machine...!! I'm hoping the weather holds out in the morning, looking forward to my commute.

3tyretrackterry

congratulations on new trike a good choice. i have an explorer bought from Kevin in Mar/April and also couldnt be happier. areb you anywhere near East Midlands by chance riding with other trikes is just tops

OP
OP
J

jdg88

Not had a chance to ride my QNT after a dose of flu but back out this this week and everything's settling down nicely and even managed to trim a minute off the commute in despite unexpected pedestrian on the shared path.

3tyretrackterry, I'm in Northampton - I'm told there are trike owners locally but I've never seen one, but met a chap on a recumbent a couple of times on the way home from work.

I've only been triking a few short months but in time I'd like to do a some longer leisure rides, so perhaps will be seeing you around.

itself

I have mesh seats on my ICE X2 tandem, and they are wonderful. They do stretch a bit, but breathe well and are super comfy.

Lisa

Bodger

Being a sweaty-betty I strongly approve of my mesh seat.
Plus, I guess it saves a little weight and is easier to take the back down when the rig is on top of the car.

trickletreat

Veteran
Congratulations on your new trike. Very interested to hear how you find the seat after you have put a few miles on it. I really like the look of the hardshells, but was put off after sitting on one [not ice] at Kevins, so went for mesh on the thorax. I have found that I slip forward after a short while, adjusted straps and fitted a piece of rolled up anti slip carpet mat in the leading edge, this has done the trick.

When I visited ICE over half term, sat on the new Vortex, the hardshell with headrest fitted really well, so must be the same shape as the designer. I did wonder how it would be after a longer ride...but reassured by Kevins approach, and chance to try before you buy.

OP
OP
J

jdg88

Home from work after a cold but thoroughly enjoyable ride on my hard sheel seat which really was the best choice for me, it's the right fit so I must be the same as the designer! The only thing I'm considering is changing the Ventisit for the Comfort version which is slightly thicker,or perhaps doubling up two Classics. Don't know will probably chat it through with Kevin when I go for the first service which is due soon.
I can honestly say taking up triking and particularly on my QNT is just about one of the best things I've ever done and I'd recommend everyone should have a go.
When does the new Vortex come out? I missed the leaked images that came out.

Top Bottom