Hard-to-reach radiator valve?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 26715

Okay so effectively it's just a lockshield with a fancy top on it, if you pull off the plastic top off then underneath you should have

union-valve.jpg

You should be able to make something to turn it across the 2 flats

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Twiddle the rad to the desired setting then push the wardrobe back into place.
Simples

sight-pin

Veteran
Okay so effectively it's just a lockshield with a fancy top on it, if you pull off the plastic top off then underneath you should have

union-valve.jpg

You should be able to make something to turn it across the 2 flats

The older type have a nut in the middle IIRC holding the cap on, which have a square shank with a thread on the top....if that's the case he could grab a piece of 15mm copper pipe, flatten one end, bend to a right angle and drill a hole in and nut it on...(assuming it's not on show that is) as it wouldn't look too great ^_^

OP
OP
D

DaveReading

Don't suffer fools gladly (must try harder!)
Knock off the plastic valve cap to expose the two sided shaft of the valve. Screw a replacement cap to a broom handle and twiddle away. Replacement caps can be bought from Screwfix....
http://www.screwfix.com/p/white-universal-radiator-valve-cap-25mm/35656?kpid=35656&cm_mmc=Google:tired:Product Listing Ads:tired:Sales Tracking:tired:sales tracking url&gclid=CNKdtc6Ig9ACFQ5mGwodbUEPuQ

Interesting idea, thanks. Obviously I'd use two off-centre screws to attach the cap to the handle so that they couldn't rotate relative to each other.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Interesting idea, thanks. Obviously I'd use two off-centre screws to attach the cap to the handle so that they couldn't rotate relative to each other.
Yes, they have to be offset anyway to avoid the slot that takes the valve head.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
If you go with the broom handle idea, do check that you have sufficient ceiling height to get it into position. That sounds obvious, but it's just the type of daft mistake that I'd make.:rolleyes:

OP
OP
D

DaveReading

Don't suffer fools gladly (must try harder!)
If you go with the broom handle idea, do check that you have sufficient ceiling height to get it into position. That sounds obvious, but it's just the type of daft mistake that I'd make.:rolleyes:

OK, I'll investigate the possibility of a suitably-placed hole in the ceiling to give me room to manoeuvre it.

Alternatively, I could just cut a bit off. :tongue:

Top Bottom